Jack

rubble2

Aug 21, 2006
Hi, my car (06 MY Leon) was delivered without a spare wheel, I have sourced a space saver wheel off a Golf V but have been quoted £40+ for a jack from the Seat dealer. So, it's back to ebay or the scrapyard, can anyone confirm if a jack from any other VAG car will do for the New Leon please?

HarryKatinnen

Hi Rubble

The spacesaver spare wheel kit is a fatory fit option! However as it only cost about 25.00 plus vat when I ordered mine trying to charge 40.00 for a jack alone seems excessive. You may wish to point this out to the dealer and ask why he didn't qualify you better when you bought the car to see what options you might need.

LeakyTurnip

Mull Fember
Feb 11, 2005
N.Ireland
Hi, my car (06 MY Leon) was delivered without a spare wheel, I have sourced a space saver wheel off a Golf V but have been quoted £40+ for a jack from the Seat dealer. So, it's back to ebay or the scrapyard, can anyone confirm if a jack from any other VAG car will do for the New Leon please?

I got my Leon in October last year and it also came without the spare wheel. However I did get all the other bits; Jack, Wheel Brace, Locking nuts key and so on.

Just out of curosity where did you get the space saver spare wheel from? I'm looking for one and the dealer quoted me £125 for a space saver!! According the SEAT customer services this is correct even though it's an option that only cost £25 at the factory!!!

Last edited:

LeakyTurnip

Mull Fember
Feb 11, 2005
N.Ireland
I thought it was illegal to be on the road without a spare??? :think:

It's only illegal if you have one and it is either flat or below minimum tred depth! Lots of manufactures don't give you one now, I suppose it costs less and frees up some room in the boot.

I was in a new Civic at the weekend and they don't give you a spare wheel either, just a can of foam and a compressor to blow the thing back up again. Oh and they left out the rear wiper as it the screen is shaped in a way that the water simply rolls of it...what a pile of crap...after a short journey in the rain if was filthy! (Sorry that was a little off topic).

rubble2

Aug 21, 2006
Thanks for the replies :-

Harry Katinnen

The car was pre registered when I got it, TBH I didn't know that the spare was an option until after I got it home.

Leaky Turnip

I got the spacesaver off ebay - £40 never been used, I was quoted £100 + by the dealer as well.

That's why I am trying to find out if the jack from a Golf V will be ok for the Leon, perhaps a comparison of part numbers will tell me.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
yes should be ok, a jack is a jack as long as its from a similar weight car.

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
Oh-oh i never realised this when buying my car. so no spare for me then. i have to say though spending 16k on a new motor and they dont give you a spare not even a space saver, i opted for 18" alloys too, can you get a 18" saver. or will i just buy a 18" seat alloy and get me a cheap tyre to fit.

either that or get that stuff that i put in my m/bike wheels super seal or something.that will be cheaper maybe.

biff100

Hi k4ith
I have just got a new leon with 18" wheels fitted and you do get a space saver wheel and all the tools with it
:)

rubble2

Aug 21, 2006
Have checked with VW dealer, the jack of a Golf Mk5 is the same part number as that specified by the Seat Dealer, i reckon there will be more Golfs around/being broken, so will keep my eyes open for one

soapysoap

Hi,
The price of £25 when you buy the car new is that it is the price difference between having the compressor, foam and another 12v socket in the rear of the handbrake console. This must add up in Seat land to £100.
Thats my take on things although I could be wrong.
Steve W

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
Hi k4ith
I have just got a new leon with 18" wheels fitted and you do get a space saver wheel and all the tools with it
:)

good show, thanks for that, whats the ride quality like witht the bigger wheels, not to high of the ground? i was hopping the wheels would fill he arches better

biff100

good show, thanks for that, whats the ride quality like witht the bigger wheels, not to high of the ground? i was hopping the wheels would fill he arches better
I do fine it bit hard at low speeds but once you get going its fine I have the the btcc body kit fitted and the ride hight looks right

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
I seen a BTCC livered Leon last week but it was on the other side of the road so didn't get a good look, the co i use for tuning can get the kits too but as long as it sits ok then i will leave OE.

Xe

Anyone got a picture/photo of what the Seat Leon car jack looks like?

AR-CoolC

Feb 3, 2006
Lincoln
My car doesn't have a spare, just a can of goo and a pump.

But it does have a jack and wheel brace:confused: What am I going to do with them then :shrug: :rolleyes:

Xe

My car doesn't have a spare, just a can of goo and a pump.

But it does have a jack and wheel brace:confused: What am I going to do with them then :shrug: :rolleyes:

If you don't want them, I would be like to buy them off you. :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.