James T's Mk5 Ibiza Cupra - Selling up - who wants my parts?

Aug 31, 2013
Washington Tyne&Wear
Piece of piss mate.

Passenger side under the scuttle right next to the top of the suspension strut.

1 x 12 or 10mm bolt, take that out, and unclip the wiring harness. Done!

so scuttle pannel off and its visible from there?

in the engine bay... i thought would be inside lol

Last edited:

JamesT

Mar 18, 2013
Warminster
Yeah open bonnet. Stand by the passenger wing. Undo the popper clip holding down the scuttle that side, pull away some of the rubber seal, then just lift the scuttle up from the side to gain access.

Aug 31, 2013
Washington Tyne&Wear
Yeah open bonnet. Stand by the passenger wing. Undo the popper clip holding down the scuttle that side, pull away some of the rubber seal, then just lift the scuttle up from the side to gain access.

cheers mate I hate it as well lol to fake!!

car looks nice like coming along nice... you putting different wheels on?

JamesT

Mar 18, 2013
Warminster
So I've been playing with the car today.

Whiteline rear ARB fitted -

Also went to fit the front wheel spacers but after talks with Damian at DPM my hub lips on the front are too big.. :shrug:

JamesT

Mar 18, 2013
Warminster
Why's that then mate? What brand are they?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

They are FK. The 15mm ones went on fine on the rear. Just the 10mm won't fit as the hub lip is like 13mm so theres a gap.

Damian at DPM has been great and is swapping them over for some 13mm ones for me. :yes:

JamesT

Mar 18, 2013
Warminster
Wey hey nice one! Sounds better now doesn't it!

ARB fitted fine, and like it a lot. I knew it would make a difference as I've upgraded them in the past to previous cars. Take a roundabout fast and it understeers a bit, boot it harder and turn sharper and it feels like the tyres just 'dig' in and proper pull you round.

Well worth the money.

JamesT

Mar 18, 2013
Warminster
Had a little blast today.

It can be done faster as was a bit of wheel spin on the launch.

Last edited:

JamesT

Mar 18, 2013
Warminster
A toy arrived for me whilst I was on holiday -

VWRacing intake. I didn't want the one hanging off the intake pipe and the hose being fed round to the headlight. This is the for the Polo GTi, but to make it fit you only need 2x longer screws to screw the snorkel into the front bumper.

Sounds pretty nice. Seems to dump and the supercharger whine is louder. Arse dyno hasn't felt much though but it was well warm out.

jreedy

turbo'd ep3- Fr tdi leon
May 13, 2008
sheffield
Yet another quality update

I rushed into buying a neuspeed P-Flo intake the day after I got my cupra's

I fancy getting hold of a revo one before mapping.

Keep up the good work on yours!

jreedy

turbo'd ep3- Fr tdi leon
May 13, 2008
sheffield
Have you got any more plans for more power?

What sort of power can these engines handle before forging?

JamesT

Mar 18, 2013
Warminster
Yeah I'll go stage 2 with a bigger intercooler but that's about it. Around 220bhp maybe.

I believe before you get to forging, you need to sort the misfire issues out when you put on a different turbo. This is 240/250bhp+ territory.

JamesT

Mar 18, 2013
Warminster
So, this arrived today -

And here's it fitted -

I stuck the blue spring in because I'm remapped. Now, I've owned turbo cars before but not twincharged. I'm not sure I like this BOV as it seems to dump EVERYWHERE, even when pootling through town. Maybe I'm getting old? :rofl:

jreedy

turbo'd ep3- Fr tdi leon
May 13, 2008
sheffield
I like dumpy/chatter noises from turbo cars so I'm sure I'd like the sound of this.

I'll probably buy a forge spacer valve for mine soon to get more of a dumping noise through my cone filter.

I'm booked in at R-T.e.c.h for mapping on the 23rd of July (earliest I could get)... Can't wait as I'm bored of standard (ish) power lol.

JamesT

Mar 18, 2013
Warminster
I like dumpy/chatter noises from turbo cars so I'm sure I'd like the sound of this.

I'll probably buy a forge spacer valve for mine soon to get more of a dumping noise through my cone filter.

I'm booked in at R-T.e.c.h for mapping on the 23rd of July (earliest I could get)... Can't wait as I'm bored of standard (ish) power lol.

Oh don't get me wrong, I like the sound of dump valves too, but only after I've given it a bit of throttle/boost to warrant it.

Driving through town normally and taking foot off throttle, and it going TISHHHHHHHHHHHHH when I was pretty much cruising may get a bit annoying. I'll see.

R- T e c h- is that their own map then, they aren't a REVO or APR dealer etc??

Last edited:

jreedy

turbo'd ep3- Fr tdi leon
May 13, 2008
sheffield
Ha ha I no what you mean mate, it's ok to have the dumping and flutter noises when letting off on boost, off boost/low down for just pottering about I bet it can get annoying.

R.T.e.c.h (based in Hinckley) do custom maps so not quite the same as your revo/apr's

Don't get me wrong he will still load a base map and tweak that like what your revo dealers do.... He probably spends more time on the map as opposed to just flashing it onto the ecu.

They have a good rep on the mk5 gti forums and in the vag scene so hopefully I'll have a very nice smooth progressive map.

JamesT

Mar 18, 2013
Warminster
That's interesting mate. I've always preferred proper custom maps for your car rather than just a flash. I miss Hondata!