Jesus H Christ!!

vectra

Sep 3, 2011
Collected my new Formentor 1.5tsi dsg last Friday after owning 2 Ateca FR's in succession.
Talk about a downgrade, I honestly thought I would be stepping up, but the biggest disappointment to me is the cabin noise. Bloody Horrendous to such an extent I am already regretting my decision.

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
I don’t want to sound ignorant but have you checked tyre pressures? Mine were 48psi when I got it, adjusted to comfort pressure and it seemed good to me. Certainly more refined than the Cupra Ateca I had imho.

Reactions: vectra

vectra

Sep 3, 2011
I don’t want to sound ignorant but have you checked tyre pressures? Mine were 48psi when I got it, adjusted to comfort pressure and it seemed good to me. Certainly more refined than the Cupra Ateca I had imho.
Not yet.
I didn't even start the car today. Will get them checked tomorrow and report back
What did you put in?
I think I ran 36 all round in my Ateca's.

Reactions: jcbmally

vectra

Sep 3, 2011
Bit of a dramatic title for the complaint imo. I think cabin noise is far too isolated in the VZ 310, I can barely hear the exhaust unless I have the windows cracked.
Not dramatic at all. I have to literally lean towards my wife to hear her properly when she says something.
Honestly. It is bad.

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Somethings wrong then, there's no way the car should normally be so loud that you can't hear the passenger speak. My Formentor's one of the quietest and refined cars I've ever had (OK, it's a hybrid, but I mean when the engines on) and I've had some pretty refined cars previously.

Did a demo car exhibit the same noise on the test drive? Back to dealer to check everything's as it should be?

vectra

Sep 3, 2011
Somethings wrong then, there's no way the car should normally be so loud that you can't hear the passenger speak. My Formentor's one of the quietest and refined cars I've ever had (OK, it's a hybrid, but I mean when the engines on) and I've had some pretty refined cars previously.

Did a demo car exhibit the same noise on the test drive? Back to dealer to check everything's as it should be?
The demo car was a diesel and as I said in another reply, it was in heavy traffic and the sales guy in the back yapping away.
I have been on to the dealer about it and he came up with all sorts of excuses.
ie.
Hit 100kph and when no traffic is behind stomp on the brakes a few time as they are most likely rubbing.
Yeah right. He is away this week on holidays so I will make contact with him when he gets back.
In the meantime I have a friend who is a tyre installer literall around the corner from me, I am going to have a chat with him and get the pressures checked, he also has a 4 wheel alignment system ( Hunter I think ) and I will get him to check / adjust that for me.

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
I test drove one but it was in traffic and it was a diesel. Also the sales guy sat in the back and never shut up which was distracting.
I’ve asked a sales man to be quiet in the nicest possible way before now on a test drive.
Was looking at a used Volvo.
When he was quiet it highlighted there was a light suspension knock.
Walked away in the end cause there were other issues too but he was obviously trying to hide that.
He was also keen to show me how good the stereo was. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

vectra

Sep 3, 2011
Must have something wrong with it. My VZ2 is way too quiet, wish I could hear the exhaust more inside, road noise is minimal too.
Yeah,
I got tyre pressures checked today. 38 all round.
I dropped them to 36. I think I will 4 wheel allignment checked.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise