Jetex or blueflame for LC

Andy you are a star cheers buddy :) the internal is exactly what I'm after, I'm sold :)

No problem mate! It's a top quality system. I have the turbo back resonated and it's not much louder than standard, just a nice burble on tickover... when you give it the beans it sounds nice, not chavvy or over loud at all. That and I think the tailpipe is one of the better ones available, personal taste I know but still! :cartman:

Let me know if you want to see it in the flesh any time...I travel from northants to Southampton quite a bit and can pass basingstoke! ;)

Good man ty very much, how much was the turbo back system and does that mean there is no cat on yours

Has a 200cell sports cat (higher flow than standard). The resonated means it has the centre silencer as a standard car would (all be it smaller). The other option is non-resonated which has no centre silencer, and is therefore a bit louder.

Whole system turbo back including the cat was around the £700-750 mark I think.

Jan 11, 2009
bstoke
I think I will have raid my piggy bank :) , waiting for a quickshift kit , upper and lower struts to be delivered. I will add you as a friend on this andy and keep you posted if you like.

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Like the look of your ride phillc very nice, I'm guessing that the 2.5" is good for approx 280 if 2.75" is good for 300. Are you planning small changes to your LCR as you said you chose the 2.5"

I think the 2.5" is good up to 300bhp but the 3" is better after 300bhp i dont think there's much in it tbh, i am not looking to go over 300bhp so not to worried, Oh and its an LC not a LCR ;) Not a fan of the Jetex tbh i prefer the slash look of the LCR tail pipe.

Pic's

4288408394_f6a94067e3_b.jpg

4287668801_f943ebfe77_b.jpg

Profile pic

4287669357_5a8758bbbf_b.jpg

Jan 11, 2009
bstoke
Ye I checked your thread phillc nice looking motor and thank you for your pictures, it does seem as though andy's zorst blends better into the internal diameter or mite just be the pics mate. Cheers andy I will let you know what I think of the quickshift an struts. Ty p torque :)

jamiebennett81

that is nice, but cant help think the oval shape still suits it better, as that exhaust is square and is being matched up to a very rounded shape bumper

anyway...each to their own :)

Jan 11, 2009
bstoke
That's the thing, be boring if we all had the same :D

I know what you mean about the square vs round thing, but seems to work in the flesh and I like it so it's all good! :funk:

Agreed as I have a flat oval powerflow, jetex do an oval version and I imagine the craftmanship of the oval to the internal pipe will be of the same quality.

Jan 11, 2009
bstoke
Ok chaps thought I'd check out the full zorst system ranges and have found something which is a BIG problem if you have a sports cat. It appears to be that trusty old labour has passed law which states that the metals within cats have to be of OEM quality. Jetex seems to be the only one willing to provide this info on their website and now means that their cats are for off road use only. Other companies such as piper , blueflame and miltek have not owned upto this on their website either due to the loss of business which will be created by this law or their cats do meet new regulations. If buying a new cat you should receive documents with it proving that it has passed . If you are using an off road use sports cat on the road the max fine is £5000 the law is. Legislation 103R

Jan 11, 2009
bstoke
The police will. If you don't have the required 103R form and are pulled. Have started a thread called sports cat law if you wanna join in

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
So all the hundreds of thousands of cars on the roads with cheap non genuine cats are gonna get fined?

And how are they gonna know what metals you have inside your cat without unbolting it from car and cutting it in half?......you could of bought the cat a few months ago before the law came out so wouldn't have any paperwork.

Can't see this effecting anything personally.......more scare tactics as usual.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.