Joes MK4 Yellow Ibiza Cupra TDI Hybrid Turbo

N/A

Apr 18, 2014
N/A
Thanks mate :)

I was gonna go with xman as well but decided I wanted a completely new unit.
Yh what you explained they're with you chipped turbine sound's exactly what mine was like mine was chucking a fair amount of oil down the exhaust aswell..

That's what mine looked like

b829369ca8437b1f478ffd52de20e0f4.jpg

Yh I got a complete unit from xman in the end.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

N/A

Apr 18, 2014
N/A
The feeling of having a new turbo fitted is amazing especially wants mapped in !

Last edited:

N/A

Apr 18, 2014
N/A
Wow yh pretty much identical lol

It will feel like a whole new motor again with the extra power !!

Last edited:

dudes45

Feb 4, 2016
Basingstoke
Hi Guys,

Been a long time lurker on these forums and though it was about time I made one of these for my car.

After owning a 1.4 sport (100bhp) for a year I decided I wanted something with a bit more grunt and set about searching for either a petrol or diesel Ibiza Cupra.

After viewing a fair few I came across an 04 tdi in yellow which was in fairly good condition and for the right price of £3000. After pulling some mods off my old ibiza before I sold it the modding began straight away on the new beast.

This is what it looks like currently, needs a good clean...

My tarox 6 pot brake kit

After just over a year of ownership the modlist has grown quite rapidly:

Engine/Performance

Remap by awesome GTI (unsure of power atm probably about 200bhp and 300ft/lb)
Miltek Cat Back
Tarox 6 pot brake kit (bleed screw snapped in my AP calipers :( )
Darkside hard pipework kit
Darkside EGR delete
S2000 air filter

Exterior

Projector headlamps with 8000k hids
Tripple R Composites Front Splitter
LED number plate lights
Pressed Plates
Honeycomb front grills
Tinted tail lights
Sprayed front and rear badges black
Colour matched side strips

Interior

LED interior lights
Aftermarket headunit
Vent mounted boost gauge

Repairs

Replaced both front wings due to rusting
Replaced rear calipers due to seizing
Drop links

To be Fitted
Turbo Dynamics MDX515 Hybrid

Future Mods/Plans

Lowering Springs(30mm)
Whiteline RARB
Rear 20mm spacers
Wrap roof in black

Bad points

New wings aren't the best colour match even though I took it to a very reputable place and paid a fair bit of money
Paint lacquor peeling on roof (soon to be wrapped)
Front bumper needs a repspray due to stone chips
Wheels need refurbishing

Thanks for viewing :)

Pictures below

Wow, looking good! I bet thats a rocket!

killbot

Aug 29, 2012
Warrington, Cheshire
How did the mapping go?

Went super well so pleased with the result. Got a few small niggles that may need working out but other than that the car is a beast now.

Just keeps pulling past 3k rpm and really surges you forward, managed to wheelspin it in the dry in 3rd gear.

Still holding fine on the stock clutch no slipping, and hardly any smoke at all.

Can't recommend John at hidden power enough, great guy and a great service.

Had it set at 1.8 bar of boost as per turbo dynamics recommendations, can probably go higher in the future if I wanted more power but i've got more than enough right now. Going to get it on the rolling road soon to see what power its putting down. Hoping for about 220 bhp+ so we shall see.

Last edited:

N/A

Apr 18, 2014
N/A
Good to hear that you've had great results from the mapping ☺

Sound's like a similar map to mine I'm hoping for 210bhp+ on the rolling road this year.

Feels like a whole new animal I bet.... because mine still doesn't stops putting a smile on my face !!

Got to love the popcorn it's the noise I wait for before shifting gear

Last edited:

killbot

Aug 29, 2012
Warrington, Cheshire
Fitted a honeycomb front grill this weekend. Really improves the look of the front end and really pleased with how it came out.

KjrO

Also polybushed the dogbone mount using a powerflex bush. Was interesting trying to push the bush in myself but eventually got it.

N/A

Apr 18, 2014
N/A
Looks great !! Definitely improved the front end, wide mouth next ?

Did you custom make that front grill I'm after the same for mine.

killbot

Aug 29, 2012
Warrington, Cheshire
Yeah was gonna wrap the bottom bit of the bumper black and I need to replace my tripple r splitter as I tore it off on the motorway :(

I bought the one off ebay for a stupid price. Really wasn't worth it as it really isn't made that well and it came in 2 parts. Had to clean up the surround with wet and dry then aligned and glued the centre section they supplied. Finally primed and sprayed it all up including the bit on the bumper behind the grill so you couldn't see the yellow.

You're probably better of buying a standard one and cutting out all the slats then making your own insert. The only tricky bit would be making the insert the perfect size. Wish I had done that now as it would have been much cheaper.

Still doesn't look too bad so can't complain

Here's another close up picture
4qsK

Last edited:

N/A

Apr 18, 2014
N/A
Nice that something else that I need to get round to doing is wrapping that bottom lip.

Owe right sounds a pain considering you purchased it for a high price would of thought it would arrived ready to fit!

Does look really fresh fitted mind ☺

killbot

Aug 29, 2012
Warrington, Cheshire
Got myself some Bilstein b14 coilovers a week or so ago and finally got round to fitting them. Had a bit of a nightmare trying to install them.

Firstly on the passenger side after finally freeing the strut from the hub, lots of hammering and swearing, I got it all back together and then went to drive to test everything was ok but my car didn't move...

Turns out I had managed to pull the drive shaft out of the hub tearing the cv boot and damaging the joint itself. :(

Also my top mount bolts had snapped on one side so I had to dremel the heads of the bolts off to get the old suspension out.

So a new cv joint later the car was all back together with a new driveshaft joint and new coilovers fitted all round. No more knocks coming from suspension and such a better ride and performance all round on the car. Also sits quite a bit lower now which is a bonus :D

Krissy

dirtier than my diesel
May 19, 2016
Glasgow
i hope i dont have same issues when i get my coilies, on plus side your wee ride is fresh as! love the wee honeycomb de-badged grill. custom shot or purchased?

killbot

Aug 29, 2012
Warrington, Cheshire
Small little update.

Went to have my map looked at and upped the boost a bit. The car had a bit of a flat spot at 2.5k RPM and then a big dump of power at 3k RPM so something wasn't right.

After the remap the car is a whole new beast. No more flat spot and much more power, 227bhp and 365ftlb is a real handful to drive now and slightly scary.

Here's some pics from the remap and a picture of my before and after power graph.

Also got around to wide mouthing my bumper and painting the bottom lip, really improved the look of the front end in my opinion.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.