Johns new 2011 Cupra R - Furia Grey

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
A few small mods so far and all the goods for stage 2+ lying on the shelf at work. Will only do all that work in the new year. Loving the cupra though having moved across from the boc. I am stupid with cars though. I get one keep it for a while, blow loads of cash on it then sell it for another LOL. I would like the R at some point though so will be working towards that.

Jonscouse

LCR MK2 Owner
Dec 11, 2003
Kent
www.seatcupra.net
A few small mods so far and all the goods for stage 2+ lying on the shelf at work. Will only do all that work in the new year. Loving the cupra though having moved across from the boc. I am stupid with cars though. I get one keep it for a while, blow loads of cash on it then sell it for another LOL. I would like the R at some point though so will be working towards that.

Ha well I have spent 60k on Seats in last 7 years and no mods ;-) ha.

I used to haev renaults when I was younger had a few different clio sports etc. Am glad I moved on from those though ! Wasnt even tempted with the new Megane..... had to be the MK2 Cupra R...no question

Jonscouse

LCR MK2 Owner
Dec 11, 2003
Kent
www.seatcupra.net
Not going to lie but that is ONE NICE SEAT :) Especially Track Grey, Might have to fight you for it :p:p

Cheers Mate. Its the Furia Grey am told similar to the Track Grey.

Well I have a mate down near Cantebury, so you might get yours hands on it. Will have to catch up with me first mind lol

;-)

Last edited:

paradad999

its 265bhp out of the box......

thats enough for now.... 0-60 time of 6 secs is misleading, its just got too much power to get off the line quick enough, even though there is elec slip diff you can feel the wheels spinning. When its moving though and you put your foot down then it feels alot quicker than that......

I thought the R was fitted from the factory with a REAL Quaif lsd like the Focus RS!!!:confused:

Jonscouse

LCR MK2 Owner
Dec 11, 2003
Kent
www.seatcupra.net
Might be corrected on here but my understanding is that it comes with an electronic XDS system.

With reference to the above by the way, the feel of the tyres spinning etc it was cold and wet. Drove it yesterday during the day and felt a lot more grip.

paradad999

I have a 10 plate tdi 170 Leon & the torque plays havoc with the crap electric LSD!!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.