joonash's mk5 Ibiza SC 1.6 Sport

joonash

Nov 12, 2009
Finland
www.seatclubfinland.com
Hello there

Decided to create a new topic of my Ruby Red Seat Ibiza 6j Sport. It's my first car and I've been really satisfied with it since I bought it last year in late December being registered in 2009. It's got following factory options:

- Tinted rear windows
- Heated seats (standard in Finland anyway)
- USB/iPod/AUX

To this day I've been modding it step by step till my ultimate vision of my car. Eibach coilovers & my audio mods are my major mods so far. My salary's not that big, the car is under finance and I'm having my military service next year are the main reasons for not having been modded her any more so if I won't get some extra money somewhere there won't be any major mods coming to my car unless I decide to let most of my saved money go and then see if I can cope with the loan. :D This might be predictable for next summer...

The mods are as following:
- Eibach Pro Street S coilover kit (lowered by 35mm/35mm)
- Pioneer AVH P4200DVD headunit, Rainbow Cyclone 12" subwoofer & some DLS amp
- FR front grille
- Aluminium sport pedals
- Seat Sport exhaust tip
- Seat Sport textile floor mats
- Seat Sport aluminium door sills
- Matt-aluminium dash decorations
- Debadged IBIZA-letters
- Red footwell illumination

The mods I am planning to get (somewhat in order I'm planning to get them in):
- Black Octane Dayline DRL headlights
- painting the chrome strip of my FR grille in black
- Black rims (been looking at black OZ Ultraleggeras and some nice Tenzo R wheels)
- Boca concept style smoke taillights(not possible because I think those haven't reached the markets yet)
- brake calibers painted in red
- red boot led lights
- lower it 10mm more from each end (free mod, coming up next summer:))
- Seat OEM tailgate spoiler
- Bodykit: http://www.autostyle.de/images/flyer/6.jpg, somewhat similar to the link's pic. Including the custom-built exhaust of course as seen in the pic.
- maybe get some interior bits from bocanegras (mostly drooling at seats)

These mods would obviously cost money (oh really) so think I'll have to wait few years for get them done. Of course I may end up selling my car before it. I still have to keep in mind that my studies are all ahead. I have been work as a cashier & in local sawmill to get all the money I can get to save for the car. The car's the money gutter #1 anyway.

You may want some pics as well, here they come (sorry for car being dirty in the most of the pics):

¨
The first ones are from the last winter in 2009, the car is all new and no mods have been done whatsoever. The camera is also bad as they've been taken with my old phone.

19122009552.jpg

19122009554.jpg

Then came summer 2010 and so did the sun. The ruby red colour is very lively and sweet in nice sunlight. The car has now the exhaust tip, pedals, mats, doorsills, dash decor & is debadged.

09062010380.jpg

09062010381.jpg

09062010382.jpg

Audio installations in late summer of 2010.

25072010028.jpg

25072010029.jpg

27082010050.jpg

Continue to next post ...

Last edited:

joonash

Nov 12, 2009
Finland
www.seatclubfinland.com
More audio installations:

27082010048.jpg

27082010051.jpg

Finally got the coilovers in September 2010. The car is dirty again but in this I have a new phone (Nokia N8 and its decent camera):

19102010025.jpg

Good pictures but a dirty car. These have been taken in November 2010. The car's got footwell illumination now.

ibizahere.jpg

ibizainterior.jpg

ibizaboot.jpg

ibizaback.jpg

Pictures are 2 weeks old, the car is still dirrrrty. FR grille fitted but won't appear here, I'll take some pics later:

20112010087.jpg

20112010088.jpg

More mods will probably be fitted next summer if my money chest allows it. Minor mods might be done around the year.

Stay tuned!

Last edited:

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
Slightly familiar in a way, similar colour to mine and similar DVD stereo to mine :D

Quite rare to see a mk5 in that colour, it looks stunning :D

joonash

Nov 12, 2009
Finland
www.seatclubfinland.com
Bad news today. Some jerk drove his Ford Transit straight to my boot. [:@] I was idling outside a traffic circle waiting for the cars pass by and then suddenly 'BOOM'. Immediately I thought wtf was that and then realized there was a van blocking my view from rear mirror. It was his fault and his insurances will cover the costs.
Had some decent scratches in the paint, the 'rear diffusor' is bent a bit, the rear license plate dropped off and exhaust tailpipe trim went little inside. There might be some damage to the exhaust system as well, who knows.
If the back bumper will be changed I really hope we'd see a Cupra bumper there. If not the factory rear bumper will do as well. Would it be possible to fit in a Cupra bumper into a 1.6 petrol sport by any chance?

And that's not all. I did some e-brake turns out in the town and after a while heard some whining sounds from the right side of the car in the front, especially when turning. Think there's something wrong with the wheel.

Last edited:

joonash

Nov 12, 2009
Finland
www.seatclubfinland.com
They are Eibach. Pricey but it's top quality, the ride is more comfortable yet more sportier than the original ones.

Little update to process; I'm in the army and not really needing my car so often so my dad will borrow my car for his work. For that I'll hopefully get new set of wheels. Most probably OZ Ultraleggera Matt Blacks if this will happen.

Looooking forward to summer then.

joonash

Nov 12, 2009
Finland
www.seatclubfinland.com
Long time no updates it seems.

Well here's a vid for you. Some mods have been done, including black Dectane D-lite headlights, the chromed strip on the front grille has been blackened and an eibach sticker has found its way onto my car's back window. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5TMuyCzeks

by the way, my ibiza is still missing the wheels... :s

and forgot to mention that I have painted the brake calipers in red, the most eagle eyed will notice that in the vid :D

Last edited:

joonash

Nov 12, 2009
Finland
www.seatclubfinland.com
Have decided to give it a go and put the car for sale! I've been struck by a FR fever, looking to import some Japanese FR (most probably S13, R34 GTT, mkiv supra or RX8) in case I'll eventually get my Ibiza sold.

In case I won't, huge improvements to the audio system will find its way to the Ibiza early next year! And some cosmetic mods will be done as well, such as matt black vinyl behind rear license plate area, LED license plate bulb, OEM spoiler & exhaust improvements etc.

Give me all your opinions, peeps!