JordanMk3 Chill.. Cupra Wheels Now Stand Out ;)

Feb 25, 2007
cheshire
i like the colour! but like said i dout you are gona get a hub and wing and wheel for £150, the hub is prob £120, then you need a new bearing £50, id change the wishbone as well est £60, then your wing and then paint you are looking at bigger bill than you think matey

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Little Hulton, Manchester
mate i was gonna say, your estimation of cost for repairing these cars was way out, i need a slamp panel, front bumper, bonnet and two headlights and that isnt gonna be cheap (got qouted 420 for anew slam panel and bonnet!!!!!). thank god my chassis legs are completely fine :) these cars are suprisingly strong though!!!

I managed to locate a hub and wheel from a breakers, that came in at £90..
Now for the wing.. I'm not really fussed about what colour it is, My dads best mate owns a garage and he is forever spraying cars, He would paint it for me.. Do I just go to Halfords with my paint code and ask them to mix me one up and call back later?

Oouch.. What happened to yours mate? What ever it is, it doesnt sound very pretty!! £420 sounds steep, and thats without lights and a bumper?? Well, under the skin it is a VW isnt it.

Thanks mate..

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
i like the colour! but like said i dout you are gona get a hub and wing and wheel for £150, the hub is prob £120, then you need a new bearing £50, id change the wishbone as well est £60, then your wing and then paint you are looking at bigger bill than you think matey

:censored: Maybe I did underestimate how much it will cost to put right.. Damn.. [:@][:@]
I think some more saving is in order then..

Tbh, I didnt think about the wishbone, if its took a shunt, that will more than likely be bent.. Bloody hell.. This bill is mounting up veerrrryyyy fast!!

Thanks matey

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Went to fit the hub today, and on the way to the garage, I noticed a scrapper.. So, we stopped and went to have a nosey.. We asked the owner if he had a Mk3 beezer in and he said he had just got one in with a rear end shunt :) :thumbup:

So I managed to get him down to £30 for a perfect wing :coolthumb Different colour though, but beggers cant be choosers.. Oh, it came with the plastic splashgaurd too..

Okay, So we (The old man and me) gets to the garage and fit this hub, goes straight on, no problems what so ever.. The bearing is fine, and the wishbone is in no way damaged.. So all in all, its gone quite well.. The wing has been primed, and is being painted tomorrow.. I cant wait to get this thing on the road..

:drive1: :cop:

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Image0042-1.jpg

The wing has been painted and everything has been put back together :thumbup: .. Well, except the Number plate.. Not been able to get the tracking done, just not had the time, and I have been working in all my spare days, (College + Part time job).. Saving up for a holiday Im going on in 3 weeks [B)]

As soon as the tracking is done, its insurance and then Modifications!! :D

Oh the car hasn't had any cutting compound, or polish, or even a sponge going over her yet, so once she's looking spick and span, I'll post another, better quality pic :)

Last edited:

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
The car was a 5 door, and it was silver.. The scrapyard was just a local one.. I dont know the name, but it is on a small street called Hart street, and its in Wigan.. I just looked on google maps, and them details are correct to the letter...

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
I completely forgot about this thread.. I'm on the road now guys, its been about 5months, but its all been worth it to drive my car everywhere! :) It was my first day driving yesterday!! :) I managed to rack up 130miles.. and have gone through just over 1/4 of a tank.. Awesome!! I will post a few pics up later :)

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Finally driving!!

I took a drive to the home of the best football team on earth the other day.. When I noticed the car park was shut, I grabbed a picture.. She wasnt clean, and she was 3/4 of a tank lighter than the day before, due to unnecessary driving and generally having a top laugh!! This picture is on my phone, as I didnt know I was going to be snapping.

15052010217.jpg

Last edited:

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Okay, after reading Adam R's readers ride and seeing the ibiza he once had.. I have some new mod ideas.. I literally fell in love!! So, here is a new list..

Cupra Wheels - Done - Black baby!!
'B' Pillar Vinyl <- Although I dont know where to buy it - Done
Cupra Suspension, or maybe something with a little more drop - Done
Leon Cupra R splitter
Cut out the holes in the front spoiler Done
Colour Coding (Excluding bump strips)
Stubby OS Mirror
Cupra SpoilerDone
Rear Spacers Done
And a few SCN stickers here and there!! :)Done

If I missed some essentials please dont hesitate to let me know...
I dont want to go overboard though, because I want a Ibiza Cupra when I have got a few NCD..

And also, when on the motorway, doing around 75ish, it sits at 3300rpm-ish.. Is this just because it only has a little engine, excuse my lack of knowledge, its my first car :D

Thanks guys..

Last edited:

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
Sounds like you have nice plans for it - I still miss mine - it looked pretty cool if I do say so myself.

3300rpm is normal for the motorway, it's just because its a small engine and a bit low geared.

Something else you could think about is a Cupra spoiler on the back, it's a subtle mod - but it makes a huge difference to the look of the car.

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Yours did look the dogs mate, the first one I saw that made me think 'My car could actually look that good!' Thanks for that mate, I bet the 1600 diesel loves the motorway, eh? Plus the fuel consumption is probably up in the 60's.. I didnt think about the cupra spoiler actually, is it bigger than the std one?

Thanks dude..

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Pictures!! :)

So, I went out the other day and took a few pictures.. Its my first time taking pictures of cars, so I stole a few techniques from people on here.. Well, here goes..

SNV33093.jpg

SNV33095.jpg

SNV33096.jpg

SNV33097.jpg

SNV33098.jpg

SNV33100.jpg

SNV33102.jpg

SNV33103.jpg

SNV33104.jpg

SNV33105.jpg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.