JordanMk3 Chill.. Cupra Wheels Now Stand Out ;)

ndbrgr

THFC
Jul 21, 2008
Kent
I cut my splitter out with a stanley knife whilst it was still attached to the car. Oh, and get a C4 aerial on, looks much better than the standard one, they're really cheap and fit perfectly so look factory (pic in my readers ride thread). Really like the colour of your car.

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Little Hulton, Manchester
Just a quick update.. Just fitted my cupra suspension.. But it looks like its praying.. Front end up in the air and all.. It doesnt bothe me though, because it feels amazing in the corners. I'll just get some lowering springs next week. (Pictures will be added soon, just at the girlfriends house)

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
Just a quick update.. Just fitted my cupra suspension.. But it looks like its praying.. Front end up in the air and all.. It doesnt bothe me though, because it feels amazing in the corners. I'll just get some lowering springs next week. (Pictures will be added soon, just at the girlfriends house)

and there was me thinking it was just me! :p

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
Just a note, got any plans for the rear end wiperwise? Theres 3 mainstream ways to go, mk5 golf or fabia wiper arm (£20 fleabay) or dewiper it and fill with a 20mm blanking grommet. (£2.95 wickes ;) ) i did the mk5 golf route at 1st, but at cpop last year, that came off as boo took a shining to it. I put hers on mine for the journey home, but soon after i took the whole lot out. Muchos recommended :D

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
I have been thinking about the rear wiper.. It just lets the back end down. Its going to be de-wipered I think.. Either that or a change of arm.

Right guys. I picked my wheels up on friday night. Need 2 tyres, looking at around £40 each, and then they are on.. I cant wait!! What do you guys reccomend for lowering springs on the cupra shocks? Do they have to be smaller because of the added drop on the shocks? For instance, 15mm drop on shocks, so to lower the car 50mm, I need 65mm lowering springs? And how do I fit a cupra backbox? I need one lol..

I also picked up an open cone filter, need piping and then I should have a little more sound..

Cheers gents..

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Just a quick bump for that message above.. And also, a major update.. CUPRA Wheels fitted!!! It looks the dogs munters.. I will take a picture tomorrow when they have been cleaned up.. I'm really impressed.. Next up, Spacers and lowering springs.. 20mm spacers at the back.. And lowering springs about 30mm lower than it is now..

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
What do you guys reccomend for lowering springs on the cupra shocks? Do they have to be smaller because of the added drop on the shocks? For instance, 15mm drop on shocks, so to lower the car 50mm, I need 65mm lowering springs? And how do I fit a cupra backbox? I need one lol..

ummm, you don't want to lower it 50mm...unless you don't like your sump... I'm going 30mm, 40 sits the wheel at the arch... get pics of the cupra alloys up mate. bet they look the nuts! if your going for the cupra look, get 30-40mm lowering springs...don't know what they'd do to your shocks mind...can't help you with the backbox unfortunately, whatever you do, I'd expect it'll need to be welded in...not fun on an exhaust :(

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
36795_477983663997_533018997_6574960_3289062_n.jpg

35942_477983708997_533018997_6574961_6542484_n.jpg

They are off the phone, so bad quality.. I need a LOT more doing to it.. I have got the modding bug :)

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
My digital camera is pretty fecked.. So, when thats fixed, lots more will be uploaded.. Its pretty much awesome now.. I was walking to the car in a car park the other day and thought that looks much better.. I am looking at PI Springs.. Either those of Apexi?? £100 all round.. These are on cupra shocks.. But, will cornering be worse, because I love the feel of this in the corners.. It needs to be lowered though.. It looks like a tractor..

But most of all... I NEED SOUND.. lol!

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Update with photo's after Owen asked for them... Went to my dads, and he just had some new wheels put on his, so we had some photo's done together.. Just quick ones on the camera. Outside his place, so here goes guys..

Resize if possible.. They only go a little bigger, but it makes the picture a lot clearer..

Dad4.jpg

Dads1.jpg

Dads2.jpg

Dads3.jpg

Dads5.jpg

Dads6.jpg

Dads7.jpg

Dads8.jpg

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Cont...
LMFAO...
Dads9.jpg

Dads10.jpg

Dads11.jpg

Dads12.jpg

Dads13.jpg

Just some quickies for OJ, need some once its been polished and been treated a little nicer.. I'm tempted to go for a full cupra interior, Liams selling one ATM... Needs to be lowered though, 30mm definately.. But first, get that freaking spotlight out..

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
Dads9.jpg

...and hold that pose!

Looks nice mate. If you could debadge it, it'd probably be a nice touch...oh! 20mm spacers on the rear axle will get the wheels lining up with the arches nicely, AND adds a hell of a lot of stability under braking and turning :D Also got any thoughts about the ariel, and work on that rear wiper :p OH! One more thing. promise, last thing. If you can find the right paint, colour code the bottom of the rear bumper. Apparently that, and the exhaust hole is the only difference between that and a cupra bumper. Sorry. More to do :whistle:

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Looks nice mate. If you could debadge it, it'd probably be a nice touch...oh! 20mm spacers on the rear axle will get the wheels lining up with the arches nicely, AND adds a hell of a lot of stability under braking and turning :D Also got any thoughts about the ariel, and work on that rear wiper :p OH! One more thing. promise, last thing. If you can find the right paint, colour code the bottom of the rear bumper. Apparently that, and the exhaust hole is the only difference between that and a cupra bumper. Sorry. More to do :whistle:

Cheers dude.. I'm going to debadge it tomorrow.. It just has to be done.. I may buy some spacers this week. And I have been speaking to someone on Accessories for sale, A black cupra spoiler, £30 posted.. Lavvlyy!! I have been thinking of just cutting the ariel down.. I rarely use the radio.. Unless I'm on an early in work, then Chris Moyles on radio 1 is a must. Rear wiper is coming off, but I will miss it, I use it all the time. I have the paint code from when I sprayed the wing. For the rear bumper, I am going to get a cupra backbox. Just to finish it off.. Thats everything for the back..

As for the sides I already have the wheels, I am going to tint lightly, get the sideskirts, I have already ordered my seatcupra.net stickers. Lower it by like 30mm.. Ooooh, and some bigger indicator lenses.. I like slightly longer ones.. (Think its just personal preference). The cupra B pillar vinyl as well.. I will get this from David at Sere Motors..

For the front, HIDs, maybe cupra lights. Sort that spotlight out.. Cut the front bumper, get a LCR splitter.. And I need my Sub and amp installed.. Ibiza mk3 sound systems are cack.. :ban:

I think this might be it.. Please drill a few ideas into my head Owen, I need more, I have got the bug lmao!!

Cheers dude!!

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
ummm, invent a Cold air feed into the engine...which I meant to...and didn't... or, do as I did and drill all the holes out of the engine cover. Means your engine won't be wanting for air when you put your foot down. Smooth numberplate recess? I don't know how to do it, but I want to, the car looks sooo much better when you do. Any help?

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Drilling holes in the airbox?? What the hell.. Does it work? How does it work?? I like the sound of it.. I need to buy one of those hoses and a round hole.. I dont bloody know, I see them on chavvy saxo's and its a cold air feed.. Reading this back, I sound like a major noooob!! Lmao!!
If I was to smooth the number plate recess, Where would I put the plate? I really want Pressed plates.. They look awesome.. And I bought some Aero wipers the other day and they dont fit, I went for 21"/19" but the fitment is weird. Where can I buy they from? I dont want fleebay specials because the quality is muy muy poor!!

I have heard quite a lot about the polo rear wiper, and I like the look of it.. Is it worth it though??

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.