juddering problem

nickgardiner

can anyone help i have a 2001 seat alhambra 1.9tdi se i,m getting a juddering that comes and goes it started when i was driving home from liverpool called the rac out they couldn't find any wrong on the brakes or suspension . I had it checked on a computer for faults but none found could it be the daul mass flywheel can anyone help

juddering? when does it occur? under acceleration? while braking? when pulling away from a stand still?
have you checked the condition of the engine roll restrictor? this can cause major juddering and knocking! as the engine slams back 'n' forth in the bay! pop the bonnet and see if you can rock the the engine back 'n' forth manually? if you can and there is major movement then dont use the car till it's fixed! you can damage/weaken some of the alloy AC pipes :blink: which are not cheap to replace!
you can also just about see this part from underneath the car if you look hard enough, it links the cross member to the gearbox and is a common failure!
it's mainly the bolt on the gearbox/engine end fails!

nickgardiner

hello fredt it happend under acceleration and de-acceleration when i dipped the clutch it stops and starts when i take my foot off .It stopped for a few days then started again .But it's ok at the moment :confused:

nickgardiner

Just got back from the garage they said it's the o/s inner cv joint eccesive play.
engine roll restrictor check out all ok

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise