Just at awesome GTI

Jun 25, 2012
Manchester
I was confident they would have found it by now. Im sure he told me since going back to APR mine is the first 210 they have done. Ive had no issues with the car apart from the CTS but they said it wont be that, they may have to admit defeat or blame the map code

Jun 25, 2012
Manchester
Not sure what that is, sure they do though. They even tried the 225 map on it but no luck. It's spending the night at awesome tonight, really putting awesome to the test aren't i

Jun 25, 2012
Manchester
So bit of an update, still running at 223bhp and around 270lb, I think they have put it down to the map. They ran a stage 2 map on my car which sent the figures flying up so they know my car is capable. Their sending their stock 225 TT to APR HQ and having a revised map put on that, coming back and going to upload on to my car, they seem confident it will work. Can't knock them, they have spent 2 days looking over my car so I've practically had a full engine inspection for free, be all worth it in the end

virdi

Nov 12, 2006
Middlesex
Strange - I would have thought they had mapped plenty of AMK LCR's?

From what I understand the map they install is down to the exact ECU - Not engine or car.

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Strange - I would have thought they had mapped plenty of AMK LCR's?

From what I understand the map they install is down to the exact ECU - Not engine or car.

I think he aid it's the first one they've mapped since going back to APR maps.

Jun 25, 2012
Manchester
Im pretty sure thats what he said about it being the first since going back to APR, there going to a lot of trouble to get me to the 250 mark. suppose they dont want to take the chance of quoting people there only getting 223bhp from a map, not going to get a lot of business doing that. putting the stage 2 map proved my cars capable of the power so it must be something to do with the 210 map, suppose we will see

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
I thought there was a thread comparing the amk and bam and there was an differences found or did I make that up? :lol:

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
Arse! Lol but could they put a 225 map on it surely it would have e same end result as there suppose to map to the same?

virdi

Nov 12, 2006
Middlesex
If you don't believe me, ask a tuner.

And as for the map. As I have mentioned, the map file they install, is all down to what ECU is installed in your car.

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Im pretty sure thats what he said about it being the first since going back to APR, there going to a lot of trouble to get me to the 250 mark. suppose they dont want to take the chance of quoting people there only getting 223bhp from a map, not going to get a lot of business doing that. putting the stage 2 map proved my cars capable of the power so it must be something to do with the 210 map, suppose we will see

Awsome wouldn't of been around for as long as they have and have the reputation they have with out caring about there customers. I've only ever bought things mail order from the but the customer service is first class. They do genuinely seem to care and that's why I buy from them regualy. Alot of company's could learn from them. ;)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members