Just bought an Altea FR TDI

phatvr6

well, I haven't, but the Mrs has. Her old Lupo TDI racked up an amazing 155K, and never missed a beat in 2 years, but it was time for something newer and bigger.

Initially looked at golfs, but mk4's are too old (and I've had one) and she don't like mk5's, the golf plus or tourans, or polo's, so that ruled out VW. went to to local SEAT main dealer with a LEON in mind, then spotted the Altea and we were won over by the sliding rear seats and massive boot space.

Test drove a 140SE and the 170FR back to back. The 140 was great, lovely interior and the SE was a nice spec, but the actual example was in poor condition for it's age, metallic black too so it just showed up all the scratches and stone chips far too much. I thought she'd be put off by the stiffer suspension, and she'll never really use the power, but liked the sportier spec and looks and the seats are awesome, so we left a deposit and shoud be picking it up next week. Managed to get a cracking trade in price for the lupo and squeezed a free 60k service out of them too.

:)

I got my eye on some BBS CH's to paint black with red rims, but she don't seem too keen. I don't think she'll notice if i get it remapped ;-)

phatvr6

We got £2k for the lupo. It needed a tyre, MOT and tax so i'd have been pushed to clear much more for it without having the hassle of putting it through the MOT and having the tyre kickers round.

Yeah, got it from Wills & Ellis in york. I doubt it'll be a cam belt service, it's due at 53k it says, so should need doing in about a year. Picked it up yesterday, goes very well indeed, I'm impressed! but taking it back monday as we think it's had some extra paint done on the tailgate since we first looked at it and it's a mess, paint and DA scratches on the window, primer showing through. Not happy, but they said they'll book it in and sort it.

Just scanned the codes and got this:-

1 Fault Found:
004706 - PD Unit Injector: Cylinder 1 (N240): Regulation Range Not Reached
P1262 - 007 - Short to Ground - Intermittent
Readiness: N/A

Cleared it and it hasn't come back so hopefully nothing to worry about.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.