Just bought an FR 2.0 TDI 184 looking to get the engine remapped should I or shouldn’t I????

Sep 22, 2022
Hi guys I’m the new one we of a 2.0 litre diesel 184bhp Leon FR and I absolutely love it, had a crap fiesta before this and I’m just in love with this car. I’ve been thinking if em getting the engine remapped and spoke to a chap on the phone earlier.

He spoke to me about a stage 1 remap and looked into my model and said the figures for this are Stock 181bhp + 380nm
Tuned 220bhp + 450nm.

He also spoke to me about an economy map which would take it upto around 200bhp but I ca t remember the exact figure for nm but said that would also be more fuel efficient.

So my question is would anybody recommend a remap is it worth doing? Would it or could it cause any long term damage to the engine etc and turn out to be a very costly thing to do because I don’t want to risk damaging my car. I don’t want to wreck my car, I don’t drive round like an absolute idiot but it’s just nice to have that little bit more boost and power especially low end when accelerating that’s the fun part. And lastly would an economy remap be worth it and which is the better of the 2.

I’m new to all this so I apologise if I’ve asked any stupid question.

Thanks in advance.

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
United Kingdom
I’d go for it, but make sure they’re a reputable mapper. I’ve got a mk3 Leon remapped to stage 1 and had no issues resulting from the remap so far. Stage 1 is a safe map generally.

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
Had the Missus' one done in August, made 221 on the dyno. Was a Racingline map and cost £425 with the dyno runs.

It totally changed the car, before even for the power it felt lacking but now its a little rocket.
I'd say go for it, just use a reputable company and you'll be fine as long as you service the car regularly and don't nail it when cold.

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Had the Missus' one done in August, made 221 on the dyno. Was a Racingline map and cost £425 with the dyno runs.

It totally changed the car, before even for the power it felt lacking but now its a little rocket.
I'd say go for it, just use a reputable company and you'll be fine as long as you service the car regularly and don't nail it when cold.
How's the MPG since the remap?

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Hi guys I’m the new one we of a 2.0 litre diesel 184bhp Leon FR and I absolutely love it, had a crap fiesta before this and I’m just in love with this car. I’ve been thinking if em getting the engine remapped and spoke to a chap on the phone earlier.

He spoke to me about a stage 1 remap and looked into my model and said the figures for this are Stock 181bhp + 380nm
Tuned 220bhp + 450nm.

He also spoke to me about an economy map which would take it upto around 200bhp but I ca t remember the exact figure for nm but said that would also be more fuel efficient.

So my question is would anybody recommend a remap is it worth doing? Would it or could it cause any long term damage to the engine etc and turn out to be a very costly thing to do because I don’t want to risk damaging my car. I don’t want to wreck my car, I don’t drive round like an absolute idiot but it’s just nice to have that little bit more boost and power especially low end when accelerating that’s the fun part. And lastly would an economy remap be worth it and which is the better of the 2.

I’m new to all this so I apologise if I’ve asked any stupid question.

Thanks in advance.
For the occasional overtake i'm sure it won't really effect the reliability.
If you regularly use all the extra torque launching/aggressive gear chances etc.. I'm sure it will negatively effect reliability.
I would be weary about using high torque at low revs - even with a standard engine - as this is giving your dual mass flywheel a hard time.

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
How's the MPG since the remap?
Pretty much the same, drove home from John Lennon Airport last night which is a 118mile drive down motorways and I wasn't exactly going slow, still got 54mpg when I pulled up at home. In my 1.4 I'd be close to 25 driving like that.

When the missus does here 37 mile journey to work she gets around 60mpg

Reactions: SuperV8

Ninja10R

Dec 20, 2010
Athens, Greece
www.trackbike.gr
A little late to reply to this, but anyway, that is mine
20210202_161509396_iOS_ed.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members