Just had an accident

JimyFloyd

Sep 13, 2004
Totaly not my fault, sat minding my own business at some traffic lights...BANG!

Some tw@t in a golf not concentrating piles into the back of me.

Car is ok....a bit of a scratch on the bumper...but my back is killing me! I had my handbreak on so the car didn't go forward much and he hit me 15-20mph, the front bumper on his golf was a bit broken after that!

Now I have to be inconvenienced to get it repaired! [:@]

Ah well c'est la vie!

mattbolt

Oct 6, 2006
Plymouth
Thats unlucky mate. you going through all of the insurance. im suprissed your back is killin that much! have you checked behind the bumper as yet?

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Unlucky mate, Sunday drivers eh! amazes me how people can take there eyes off the road when coming up to a set of traffic lights!:confused:

gavthelad

Bring on the Boooooost
Nov 19, 2005
Redditch (Midlands)
yeah i had that happen to me in an old car a few years ago.........i should have done it but get yourself down the doctors and then try and make a claim for whiplash!!

JimyFloyd

Sep 13, 2004
Had a quick look but couldn't really see any other damage to the car.

Yeh back hurt almost straight away...but I think I was lent forward in the seat and he did hit me hard.

I have already been called by a solicitors!!! They want me to go to the GP...problem is I work all week in the West End....and only just started, don't really want to take time off!

mattbolt

Oct 6, 2006
Plymouth
nightmare. Surely work will allow you to get some time off to see a gp. Try your lunch hour.

Happened to me once. the guy gave me cahs for the repair work on my old car. such a pain in the ass trying to get it all sorted tho. Luckily i wasn't injured - heard the screeching of brakes behind me saw him and even had time to let the handbrake off.

JimyFloyd

Sep 13, 2004
nightmare. Surely work will allow you to get some time off to see a gp. Try your lunch hour.

Happened to me once. the guy gave me cahs for the repair work on my old car. such a pain in the ass trying to get it all sorted tho. Luckily i wasn't injured - heard the screeching of brakes behind me saw him and even had time to let the handbrake off.

Yeh problem is...I work in the West End...my GP is back at home, easily and hour's travel away!

I don't think the guy hit the brakes! Just drove into me!

He tried to offer cash but I said no way!

LEON_FR

Rich Full Member
Jul 9, 2005
Stoke on Trent
Totaly not my fault, sat minding my own business at some traffic lights...BANG!

Some tw@t in a golf not concentrating piles into the back of me.

Car is ok....a bit of a scratch on the bumper...but my back is killing me! I had my handbreak on so the car didn't go forward much and he hit me 15-20mph, the front bumper on his golf was a bit broken after that!

Now I have to be inconvenienced to get it repaired! [:@]

Ah well c'est la vie!

he/she hit you at 20mph and it only scratched the bumper?? but ur back is killing you... i smell COMPO!!! :p
i know i would anyways...

JimyFloyd

Sep 13, 2004
in a word....yes!

His bumper was hanging off tho...maybe the back of the Ibiza is quite strong!

But my back does hurt! So :p

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
if your in the wrong position the slightest nudge can do damage to your back, how do you think people slip spinal discs when sneezing :confused:.
also my sister now has perminant whiplash sinse she got hit by 2 cars at some lights at about 10mph again no damage whatsoever on her corsa but the guys car in the middle was a write off :wtf: get it checked asap mate not worth taking any risks with you back you'd be a lot shorter wihout it:lol:

JimyFloyd

Sep 13, 2004
Yeh cheers for that mate, will have to arrange a GP appointment tomorrow from work then take some time off to go in.

Paracetamol doesn't work btw!!!

I'll post a pic up tomorrow of the 'damage' to my car, although there is not much to see!

Cheers for the replies guys!

James

matt_s

4 8 15 16 23 42
Dec 23, 2004
Remember to keep track of cost resulting from the accident, ie unpaid leave to go to the gp or taxis, that sort of stuff. You can claim it back from their insurance company.

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
my sisters got some morphene somewhere when the pain gets too bad,
:NOTE TO SELF: must find those pills at sometime ;)

JimyFloyd

Sep 13, 2004
Good idea on the keeping track of costs etc. Hopefully it will jsut be a trip to the GP and a few nurofen tablets!

The trip in on the tube was fun...especially standing most of the way...ah well!

chrisbond69

chris bond
Jun 11, 2005
Cirencester, Glos
same happened to me at a junction not 8 weeks ago some lass doing makup hit me about 20mph got car back nothing wrong its still ongoing but ive got onset of sciatica (however you spell it) so seeing physio as have numbness in my big toes, deffo keep claims of all trips you have to take how long your without cars, phone numbers called and time etc. Luckily im in the military and theyre helping me out big stlye.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.