Just had an accident

AaronGS

Jan 8, 2007
Lancashire
Mate if your back is that bad staight away i'd consider getting it checked, especially if its not getting better in the next few days. Whiplash will be much worse the day after the accident - you know like when you exercise and it kills the day after.
Hope the cars fine and you get it all sorted.

Martin M

www.midnightmotors.net
Nov 12, 2006
Kent
Definately worth getting your back looked at. Exactly the same just happened to my girlfriend and it looks like she's going to get a pay out from the idiot who can't drives insurance company.

JimyFloyd

Sep 13, 2004
Cheers for the replies guys.

Have booked an appt for Friday (earliest time I can get off work), so I'll see then.

It's not so bad in the morning but I can even feel it getting worse now. I would rather have no claim and my back to be ok - now I can't play golf, go to the gym or ride my mountain bike for a few weeks :(

Ah well!

Deebo

Jan 25, 2004
Wednesbury
Visit site
Just go to A&E for a check up. It will then be on record that you went to hospital. They will prescribe you with some powerful painkillers to ease the pain. Then you can go to your GP when it's easy for you. You need to get medical attention asap!

It's what I did when my Fiesta Si was written off by a knob driving into the back of me at 40mph when I was stationary. Needed an ambulance to get to hospital as I was in loads of pain.

TANKDOCTOR

Deffo get to doctors,also get motor in to garage for a full check up,don't worry about time off from work all claimable.I'd rather have a week off now than a wheel-chair later on in life!!!I got screwed a couple of years ago after rear ending some body who locked all 4 wheels up braking for junction,nudged him at less than 10Mph.He claimed for loss of earnings,trauma ,£960 repairs to a shed of a rover 600,passenger claimed he couldn't fly a kite for 2 weeks.WTF!!!
Total Bill £8750:cry:
DO IT TO THEM BEFORE THEY GET THE BALL ROLLING.It'll be worth it.

JimyFloyd

Sep 13, 2004
Well I've booked appt for GP on Friday, I simply don't have the time/inclination to sit at A&E for 3/4 hours!

Ball is rolling my end, and hoping to get the car in a garage this saturday. Would rather not take time off work as I have only just started this job - won't look too good!

chrisbond69

chris bond
Jun 11, 2005
Cirencester, Glos
what would your boss rather happen couple of hours off now or weeks off for physio etc later on if it gets to that? "tankdoctor" seen same thing in town someone just nudged someone at trafic lights litterally 2-3 mph wouldnt have even felt it as other car was rollingand both passengers wouldnt move got ambulance to get them out, why our insurance is so damn high, i was a passenger in car crash 2 years ago suffered whiplash decided not to claim big mistake.

Essex_Cupra

May 14, 2004
Go to A&E to check out your neck and the next day book an appointment with your doctor so its all on record. I think the minimum pay out for whiplash has been increased to £1500. So i wouldn't be to bothered!

I was a passenger in my mates Ka and an artic lorry hit the back of us didn't even know we was there because we was low down he couldn't see us! So he just kept pushing us down the road for about 50metres! lol

I didn't claim big mistake also!

Last edited:

JimyFloyd

Sep 13, 2004
All documented with the GP now, I'm getting these really annoying:redface: twinges in my buttocks (forest gump style!).

I'll wait and see what happens from here - I just wanna really get bacak to the gym in training for the summer - might take up swimming!

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
my necks killing me after mine but back dosen't seem to bad just the occasional twinge from my ar*e as you say

gavthelad

Bring on the Boooooost
Nov 19, 2005
Redditch (Midlands)
milk it for as much as you can!! everybody else seems to get payouts for stuff.....tell them that its prevented you from being able to bobsled or something that you enjoy and you may get a bit more?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.