Just had the call :D

Simon_Peters

2008 Leon Fr TFSI & 01 R6
Apr 11, 2007
Weston-Super-Mare
Just had a call from the dealer, the new Fr is being delivered to me on the 5th and the old cupra is going the same day. I am excited as I cant wait to see the new car and drive etc but I will be sad to see the cupra go!

Bring on the FR!!

I have been down to the dealers ordering accessories last weekend so with a bit of luck I should have it all for when it arrives.

Cheers
Si

Simon_Peters

Apr 11, 2007
Weston-Super-Mare
Make sure you run it in hard mate (When its up to temp). I gave mine grief in its first 1k and it goes like a train now!

That was my next question really, I have always waited for mine to warm up etc and did give it beans from new. So should I do the same with the derv? Do I need to wait a few seconds after a drive too?

Cheers
Si

Lewis_FR

Jul 1, 2007
Tiverton, Devon
As diesels take a short drive to warm them up, i wait until the engine has been at running temp (90 Degrees) for about 5mins. This just ensures everything is warmed up, also, gradually drive it hard, dont just wait five minutes after running temp and red-line it, gradually build the revs on your drive. Though i drove mine hard, i didnt go over 4k revs till 1k miles, but dont be afraid to drive it hard. The harder it driven, the faster all appropriate parts should free-up. Just dont make the mistake of driving like a grandad, as the ECU adjusts to driving styles doesnt it?

Simon_Peters

Apr 11, 2007
Weston-Super-Mare
That's exaclty what I done with my current one and the last time I had it RR'd it was spot on the money with 70k on the clock. Think I will do the same with this one.

Cheers
Si

cuprascott

Leon FR DSG 150 Tdi
Nov 28, 2006
According to the manual you gotta drive it nicey nicey for 600 miles then you can build it up to the full kaneing!!:drive1:

amnesia

Edition 30
Apr 17, 2007
West Midlands
Congratulations. You gotta' be well chuffed and all eager like a school girl. I have to wait 3 weeks for my new FR, so it seems like forever away. At least I still have my red FR to drive around in. Black is what I'm going for!

amnesia

Edition 30
Apr 17, 2007
West Midlands
Yeah, I know. I heard black is a pain to clean, but ah well. Luna Grey was the other one I considered, too. But the black one was easier to source brand new, not a long waiting time. Lol. I'm getting leather in this one, though. What was the leather like in your Cupra? I'm not too sure of how good it'll be, but it'll add some little value to the car, when it comes time to sell it, at least. Thinking ahead, lol.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.