Just had the call :D

Simon_Peters

2008 Leon Fr TFSI & 01 R6
Apr 11, 2007
Weston-Super-Mare
Black is fantastic when it's spotless and I love it on mine but I changed to Luna for this one. The leather was good, very hard. From the pics I have seen the new leather looks better.

Get some pics up as soon as you get it!

amnesia

Edition 30
Apr 17, 2007
West Midlands
Yeah, I will get them up. Should be in about 3 weeks. What else you getting with yours? I've got all the extras, except Sat Nav, I wanted to wait for the newer one and I got the side skirts, not the full kit. I think the skirts look nice. I'll deffo get some pics up as soon as I get it, though. Make sure you do the same.

Simon_Peters

Apr 11, 2007
Weston-Super-Mare
Nice one. I went for the ipod, bluetooth and the 18's. I have just bought a oem sat nav for it and it will be the first thing fitted to it on Monday. I think it looks so smart. The next thing is going to be the skirts as I agree they look wicked.

Si

amnesia

Edition 30
Apr 17, 2007
West Midlands
Which after-market Sat Nav did you go for? Does it play DVD's too? And how much did you pay, as this might be the better option, lol. It beats paying the dealers!

Simon_Peters

Apr 11, 2007
Weston-Super-Mare
Which after-market Sat Nav did you go for? Does it play DVD's too? And how much did you pay, as this might be the better option, lol. It beats paying the dealers!

I was happy with the cd version mfd2 but I have a small dvd player that i am going to add to the glove box.

I bought it for £260 and sold my old tom tom for £110 so dead happy.

amnesia

Edition 30
Apr 17, 2007
West Midlands
I brought the car for 16 and sold it for 15 after a years worth of ownersihp. Not bad, eh? Not only did I lose a grand, but I got into a better car, which is brand new, rather than being the second registered keeper.

I think I'm going to look into an after-market Sat-Nav, too. The one Seat offer is so expensive for what it can do. We'll see how it goes. I've got a TomTom, though. So it won't be that bad, even though the stupid thing keeps taking me down country roads, instead of motorways. No matter how I set it, fastest, shortest, whatever.

Simon_Peters

Apr 11, 2007
Weston-Super-Mare
I ended up getting the VW version of the built in dash version. Looks ace for the money really. Plus you can get the dvd on cheap enough these days too.

Simon_Peters

Apr 11, 2007
Weston-Super-Mare
Just had my last drive in the Cupra, I feel really sad at the mo. I am just praying that I really do like the new FR TDI as much as I love my cupra. It should arrvive anytime between now and 5:30 as soon as it does I will be taking some pics.

Cheers all,

Si

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
There are only two negatives over the Mk1 and they are

1. The hard ride
2. Slightly lower quality plastics

If this does not bother you then the FR Tdi will be a MUCH MUCH superior car in every other way.

Simon_Peters

Apr 11, 2007
Weston-Super-Mare
There are only two negatives over the Mk1 and they are

1. The hard ride
2. Slightly lower quality plastics

If this does not bother you then the FR Tdi will be a MUCH MUCH superior car in every other way.

Thanks for that mate, I will deal with the ride and if that is it then I have nothing to moan about.

Cheers
Si

Simon_Peters

Apr 11, 2007
Weston-Super-Mare
It' s arrived!!! Really pleased so far, have only moved it from the lorry to the space but its all as it should be so far!

Image015.jpg

Si

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.