Just new to here so a few questions any help would be great !!

sammni1983

Hey guys just new to the forum. Ok got my 2006 Ibiza cupra 4 days ago so here i am !!

Right just wanting to know is standard diesel fine are should i be using BP ultimate. What results if any ?

I will stick a few pictures up of my car later on. But it is totally standard so nothing special lol. (former owner Bank of Ireland).

I think i got the car at a good price £6800 totally mint, Only for the scrapes on the alloys £250 to put them back to 100%, 58000miles full service history. Does this sound like a good deal to all you seat lovers ? lol Am sure yous would know better than i would.

welcome to the forum.
That car sounds like a bargain at that price with the service history has the cam belt been done recently if not its about due well another 2000 miles time but best to get it done sooner rather than later.
with the diesel im no expert but i beleive the bp ultimate is a gimmick although i speak with no experience as i drive a petrol and i only use normal diesel at work in vans and red diesel in other vehicles. not sure if ultimate gives any better mpg or performance so that is just my oppinion saying its a gimmick.

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
does not make a difference with diesel. bp ultimate or v power deisel is just a slightly cleaner fuel. nothing special. not worth the difference.
good price! get some pics up, what colour is it?

sammni1983

thanks lads been a great help saving me a fortune already lol. Ok heres the pictures just off the site I got it off as i only had the car four days. But heres the link to the ad i bought it off. Have to be honest this guy has alot of Seat so maybe worth a look.

Ok just found out i cant post link till i post 15 times lol.

Right if ya wanna see it, its on usedcarsni.com.
But as i said i will get pix up for yas later.
The colour is black.
And once again thanks for the replies

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
just had a look, looks good mate, nice buy. you planning on modding it? get a readers ride started :) oh n welcome to the forum

sammni1983

Am getting a remap done early next year told it should take it up to 193BHP safely. Glad to hear got it at a good price never really had a Seat before so am always open to corrections on anything i say lol.

Got a girlfriend and a 8 year old kid. So might be outta place if i mod the balls off it lol. Had a look at your car lookng well !!

Is there any common faults with these cars i should look outfor are keep an eye on?
Thks for the help by the way

Apr 27, 2008
welcome. good choice of car mate same as mine, have a look in my readers ride thread if you want to. as for common faults just type it into search it will bring up a few but don't let it worry you there great cars, i love mine :D

Jim H

Mar 6, 2009
Teesside
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Have a look in the TDI section and use the search button, I'm sure super fuels have been discussed many times.

I'm running my car on Shell's VPD and the only difference is I am a bit more lighter in my back pocket after filling up. :rolleyes: The only reason I do it is I get more bonus points on my loyalty card.

If you want a cheaper alternative and your car is out of warranty then you can use diesel additives eg. Millers DSP4 (or the newer Ecomax). These work out cheaper per tankful than super fuels and still cleans your system and gives you more cetane (diesel equivalent to Octane).

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.