New Owner & Plate Question

John Wick

May 12, 2022
Hi

Due to collect a 21 Formentor 310 next week, currently drive an Evoque P300 HSE, selling it as have been offered £4k more than i paid for it just over a year ago. So this purchase leaves me an extra £5k in the bank.

Was recommended the Formentor by my brother in law, as never considered it previously.

I have one initial question, i have searched, but cannot find a specific answer. I am going to add my personal plate (5 digits), i understand the front will only accept a standard size plate, a shorter one will look out of place i guess on the mounting area.

But with regards to the rear, i was considering a shorter lambo style, but are there any screw holes or similar that i would need to be aware of behind the standard rear plate, that a shorter or lambo style plate wont cover?

I cant recall if the rear plate was screwed on or sticky pads.

many thanks.

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021
If you scroll down the posts someone has already done this with the Lambo style plates on the back.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Napmasterflash

Jan 21, 2021

There you go. For that unique Halfords look.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

John Wick

May 12, 2022
I did see the photo of the white one, but wasnt able to tell if it was a 'shorter' plate or a regular size in lambo style, as that car has 6 digits, compared to my 5. So wasnt sure if that plate was long enough to hide any 'holes' etc

butterycrumpet

Dividing by zero
Apr 28, 2021
Cheshire, UK
I did see the photo of the white one, but wasnt able to tell if it was a 'shorter' plate or a regular size in lambo style, as that car has 6 digits, compared to my 5. So wasnt sure if that plate was long enough to hide any 'holes' etc
It's entirely luck of the draw. The rear plate is screwed into plastic bumper by PDI dealer's valeter usually.

If they choose to screw at the very edge of the plate you'll have two holes to fill and paint that will be visible either side of the shorter plate. If they go closer to the middle then you might get away with it.

You might be able to request the plates are stuck on instead in which case you can do as you wish.

Personal taste though, I agree it's a bit "Halfords" to have lambo plates on a cupra. If you want I think I have an unused "Ripspeed" sun strip for the windscreen in the loft, although it's sized for a saxo VTS can send it to you :p (poking fun only :) )

Reactions: Napmasterflash

John Wick

May 12, 2022
It's entirely luck of the draw. The rear plate is screwed into plastic bumper by PDI dealer's valeter usually.

If they choose to screw at the very edge of the plate you'll have two holes to fill and paint that will be visible either side of the shorter plate. If they go closer to the middle then you might get away with it.

You might be able to request the plates are stuck on instead in which case you can do as you wish.

Personal taste though, I agree it's a bit "Halfords" to have lambo plates on a cupra. If you want I think I have an unused "Ripspeed" sun strip for the windscreen in the loft, although it's sized for a saxo VTS can send it to you :p (poking fun only :) )
Its fine, it would clash with my fluffy dice

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.