just ordered my new toy

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
To the op - enjoy. Its YOUR motor do what you like with it :)
To Horatio Skidpan - you come on an enthusiasts forum on which numerous people have spent thousands improving the performance and/or looks of their vehicles, proceed to rubbish the improvements they have made and wonder why you are treated like a leper?
1. Its none of your business what people do to their own vehicles, unless it has an impact on your life.
2. The performance improvements are well documented, look at WeeG's motor, AndyJB, in fact any on here.
3.All on here are enthusiasts one way or another. We all seek to improve what we have, be it by mechanical means or not.
4. This forum is a mine of valuable information for anyone running a Seat and long may it stay that way.
5. We all have our own tastes and opinions. Yours would appear to be in a minority.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
You know you are right when the best others can do is insult you.

Lets hope your mods are better than your insults.
and have you not insulted everyone on this site who has modified their car by claiming that any remaps etc are worthless?
I also note that you make no comment on the other points raised. Your silence speaks volumes. You, sir , are an ass.

Last edited:

Darth Revan

The warranty issue is a good point though... I'd LOVE a Revo map on my car, but due to advances in ECU technology, they can no long just flash the ECU on a new car (mines a 2012)
I've had a conversation with the good chaps at Revo and was told due to the complex 128bit encryption they HAVE to open up the actual ECU to remap, thus immediately invalidating the warranty :( Yes, you can reverse the map back to standard.....but you can't reseal the actual ECU casing :(

Jul 14, 2012
redditch
The warranty issue is a good point though... I'd LOVE a Revo map on my car, but due to advances in ECU technology, they can no long just flash the ECU on a new car (mines a 2012)
I've had a conversation with the good chaps at Revo and was told due to the complex 128bit encryption they HAVE to open up the actual ECU to remap, thus immediately invalidating the warranty :( Yes, you can reverse the map back to standard.....but you can't reseal the actual ECU casing :(

They don't check your ecu everytime it goes in I spoke to seat technician the other day they hardly check if your ecu bin opened only do when there is fault with ecu

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Feb 10, 2012
Newquay
You can reseal the case its more trying to hide the flash date as new diagnostics pick it up straight away and report it on the main database so best way would be to make friends with dealer

skidpan have you driven a remapped modern day car before and after map because without real life experience you cannot possible comment on a remap.

just like i cannot comment on how good/bad a mk2 leon is to drive for example as i have never driven one so any opinion i would have on the way they drive would be invalid or bs.
opinions from people tend to have solid evidence because they have had personal experiences.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
You can reseal the case its more trying to hide the flash date as new diagnostics pick it up straight away and report it on the main database so best way would be to make friends with dealer

thats not true , the top tuners dont leave any trace or flash counter , so cant be picked up alone by diagnostics

Feb 10, 2012
Newquay
Oh ok it's just my local tuner said they could make it untraceable but could be done for copy right by vag or something, I think it was something to do with the eeprom but cant honestly remember

Sep 17, 2011
3944716637_21798a07e0.jpeg

Skid pan on road

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise