just ordered my new toy

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Well I havent looked at this thread in a while but glad to see we're all in a agreement and I'm not going mad. And to whoever it was saying I should buy the R if the Gti isn't fast enough, well that's ok but has 2 problems. 1) it's not out yet, and 2) who in their right mind wouldn't remap the next gen R lol what a beast that would be, maybe my next car :-D

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Well I havent looked at this thread in a while but glad to see we're all in a agreement and I'm not going mad. And to whoever it was saying I should buy the R if the Gti isn't fast enough, well that's ok but has 2 problems. 1) it's not out yet, and 2) who in their right mind wouldn't remap the next gen R lol what a beast that would be, maybe my next car :-D

Then the next post would be, why dont you get a faster/better car to begin with, then it be like remap that one, then enter supercar territory lol

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
DSC_0073_zpsb7830df3.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0077_zpsa8b7401b.jpg
DSC_0081_zpsa70067bd.jpg
DSC_0080_zps4c163d6d.jpg

Well it's been many months but I've finally got my new gti. Sad to see the old Leon go and as a result of it and her predecessor I will never doubt the ability of a good derv but it's nice to have some noise, and then after a trip to BCS next week I will even more noise and less sound actuator :) and don't worry I'll be mapping as soon as they crack the ecu! Oh and it needs some vwr springs too, look at the gap ffs!

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Yeah I wasn't too sure to begin with but now it's grown on me, I can also confirm the car looks way cooler at night with the lights, especially the rears, might do some night shots tomorrow

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Nice new motor bud, if you want to map it go nuts, we all know the pro's far outweigh the cons in reality.

Must be a nice feeling to go into the showroom and see it under the cover like that ready for you to take away.

I was going to say the thread has been ruined by off topic rubbish but then I noticed it's in the wrong section anyway :whistle:

Mar 13, 2008
Suffolk
Looks nice, my only gripe is it needs some small spacers, just to bring the rear wheels out a little, not much!

It does make me chuckle when somebody buys a new car then adds new bits straight away!

Luke

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Looks nice, my only gripe is it needs some small spacers, just to bring the rear wheels out a little, not much!

It does make me chuckle when somebody buys a new car then adds new bits straight away!

Luke

Lol can't help myself. And yes going to measure up today and order some spacers to improve the stance, good thinking :)

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Lovely car only thing for me would be the performance loss against the LCR

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Standard guise I don't think there would be much between but alas you are correct I am only IHI so I know my potential is limited, but then again so is my slip e-diff lol (play on words there as its ace)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members