just smashed the arosa :(

1litre wonder

(s)Low rider
Jul 6, 2006
Glasgow
well looks like my likiness of being at E38 has deminished smashed into a deer at 60mph , new radiator , new slam pannel , new bumper , front grill , lower bumper , bumper reinforcer needed i could cry right now , im not joking

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
most deer hits I've seen have ended up with the car being written off as it ends up denting the A pillar

bad luck, but at least it didn't come into the car to see you.

cupra_brown

Jul 27, 2005
sorry to hear that m8.
pesky deers !
glad you are ok, that is the main thing. The car can be replaced / fixed ... you cant . so look on the brightside :D

allallyouyou

Arosa Sport
May 23, 2006
Geees, when did that happen?

Any pics of the damage?

Hope all that were in the vehicle are alright!

1litre wonder

(s)Low rider
Jul 6, 2006
Glasgow
looking back heres where i was lucky as hell

- the deer bounced out away from the car and not up and over and through the windscreen
- the air bags didnt deploy
-the fact i wasnt injured just shaken to hell

it happend at 2.30am , im about to go and strip down the car so i can see what damage ive sustained but i know the front bumpers near enough totalled

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
:-o

Noooooooooooooo!

Take heart though - mine hit a deer at about 40/50mph (after me slamming on the anchors), and came away with a cracked bumper, so they're tough little things!

And I can't even help out with parts from my big collection :(

1litre wonder

(s)Low rider
Jul 6, 2006
Glasgow
right it turns out that on heres the only place i havent kept up to date with whats happening

stripped the front end down

- dent on bonnet ( could be pulled )
-front upper left hand side grill cracked
- bumpers had split at the upper and lower halfs
- cracked the bumper where the top mounting point is
- cracked my good tinted plate
- smashed the mount for the slam pannel where the bonnet relise is
- bent a reinforcing bar
- oblitorated the S badge grill

heres how it looks just now sitting outside ( ive still to take the slam pannel off the car

DSC00174.jpg

DSC00177.jpg

the dealers wanted £150 for the slam pannel as its the whole front end of the car

up points

- i managed to get a slam pannel for £50 from teh scrappy so i just need to fit it
- still got the original number plate
- when i got the spair front bumper 2 weeks ago ( thats the car i took the slam pannel off of as well ) i got a spair front S badge grill but didnt have the silver S badge but i found mine in the engine bay :lol:
-the front bumpers all stress cracks in the paint and laquer but it popped back together at the join ,

so all in all i just need to fit the new slam pannel but i need to disconnect the radiator to do that so im leaving it for tomorow so i have time to bleed it back in and then rebuild the car .

and for somebody thats never done this type of work before , its easy so far *touches wood*

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
you shouldn't need to remove the rad from the car - it should unclip pretty easily and just leave it in situ.

doesn't look that bad (can't have hit it at 60! - there's not enough mess)

good job to learn to DIY though

1litre wonder

(s)Low rider
Jul 6, 2006
Glasgow
you shouldn't need to remove the rad from the car - it should unclip pretty easily and just leave it in situ.

the radiator is mounted in teh front of the front pannel and the hoses come through to it from two holes and thats it , you need to disconnect the two hoses for coolant in order to remove the front pannel :(

:( gutted matey, any before pics of before you stripped it?

i had taken pics but me being the muppet that was and with 4hours sleep went snapping away and then put the camera in teh house , pulled it all apart and then cleared everything up then went to process the pics i realised the memory card wasnt in the camera ...

1litre wonder

(s)Low rider
Jul 6, 2006
Glasgow
today seen some progress ... 5/6hours later and all i need to do is to fit the bonnet reliese catch mech back on and the S badge grill . the paint work on the bumpers still f*cked and the tinted plate even though theres a HUGE crack down it is back on :lol: heres some wee pics ( for all you non-belivers that i do as much of my own work as possible )

i will say this much as much as i slagged my brother for wearing gloves , my fingers are killing me thanks to coolant being an irritant .....

after i stripped the old front pannel off that was damaged ( not flurecent pink coolant :lol: )

DSC00180.jpg

and then built back up

DSC00181.jpg

1litre wonder

(s)Low rider
Jul 6, 2006
Glasgow
well thats it all done , the paint is still knackered on the bumper and theres still a dent on the bonnet

considering the size of the pannel i replaced the pannel gaps are s**t hot cause ive never done it before you cant really tell how much of a mess the car was other than the stress fractures through the paint and cracked number plate

while i had the radiator off i double checked it to make sure there wasnt any holes in it and it was fine , i managed to gather all the old fluid in a tray and then when everything was done i filled the system with new fluid but i only had 1 litre of fluid , so i had to use a wee bit of the old stuff then put the rest of the old stuff in a bottle ( it was filthy and a wee bit cloudy but its been there for 3 years so ) and then took the bottle down to my local garage and asked them how to dispose of it and they offered to take it and put it in the drum of fluids to go for safe disposal and didnt charge me so :D

Ibiza Monkey

Great turnaround, its good to see one of the best looking Arosas around is staying on the road. Alot of people with more knowledge but obviously less commitment would have tried to get it written off and just took the money.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.