K04 hybrid reliability

paul-murphys

efr 6758 here i come
Just wondering what power people are running on there hybrid turbos and what faults if any are you getting as spoke to a tuner and they said hybrid turbos don't last that long as high egt cause failure within the turbo an get quite a few problems. Could people tell me what miles they have put on there hybrid turbos and what sort of driving do you do as 75% of mine is on the motorway. Thanks for any input. And if running K03 turbo please answer as well as more information will help. Thankyou

jamiebennett81

Just wondering what power people are running on there hybrid turbos and what faults if any are you getting as spoke to a tuner and they said hybrid turbos don't last that long as high egt cause failure within the turbo an get quite a few problems. Could people tell me what miles they have put on there hybrid turbos and what sort of driving do you do as 75% of mine is on the motorway. Thanks for any input. And if running K03 turbo please answer as well as more information will help. Thankyou

then that tuner is talking out of his ass:rolleyes::ban:

all KKK turbos run very hot naturally (small quick spooling units will build heat very quickly), but a hybrid will actually lessen the failure due to uprated parts, although still cant prevent the housing cracking etc but then any turbo can crack too

look at IHI turbo's...too much boost and EGT's soar and crack the turbo - due to a poor setup from the tuner/mapper

Bare in mind though, its not the turbo that is the case here, or the reason a turbo fails its the mapper. If the mapper is saying they are unreliable and fail, then I would suspect he maxes out these hybrids to the point of failure or destroying their longevity. Basically he hasn't a clue if he thinks hybrids are a waste of time and is pushing the units too hard

where the f**k he did his research from by saying quite a few fail I really dont know

paul-murphys

efr 6758 here i come
im just saying what the guy told me. i thought was strange as sure people have been running hybrids for a long time, in only wanting the 300 figure with the hybrid so im sure thats not going to max the turbo out, was also told a 3" downpipe is essential but sure b3lsy was running a hybrid with standrd downpipe an i allready have a decat then 3" cat back.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.