K1 Black Alloys - Can I get new ones?

Codehook

Nov 19, 2008
Windsor, UK
Hey guys,

At the end of the summer I'll have had my K1 for 2 years :) love it to bits.

Unfortunately the wheels took a bit of a battering in the first 2 months I got the car. That's what you get for upgrading from a Ford KA. Anyhow after those first 2 months I've never touched them again...sod's law.

So I'm wondering if it's possible to get new ones? I've heard that re-chroming just isn't gonna happen in the UK due to laws on the chemicals, and I certainly don't want that tacky looking chrome-style paint finish on my nice cupra wheels!

I have the black 18" ones, which is incidentally the worst colour I could've chosen to scratch. I really need to replace 3 of them...one of them is fine, 1 of them is seriously ruined due to scratching it on a high up curb (ouch it even hurts to think about it), and the other 2 are very slightly scratched on the very edge, but easily enough to be noticeable.

Also don't know if any of you live around the Windsor area and might've seen me bombing about in it, there's only one other person around here who has a K1 (in red) and I don't know who it is o_O.

Cheers!

P.S. The Datchet SMC garage managed to put a nice big rubber mark down the side of my car a long time ago which I still haven't bothered getting rid of. Anybody else had problems with them?

Codehook

Nov 19, 2008
Windsor, UK
cant you just get them refurbished, it will cost you an arm and leg for new ones but around £200 to get them refurbished in gloss black
Mm but I really don't want gloss black, that's the thing.

I want them chrome, just like new, so a refurb is kind of pretty much off the table. Unless of course there are some *cough* controversial *cough* re-chroming places around the country, which I'm sure there are. I did get wind of one before, but again I don't know if I could trust somewhere like that.

Poverty

Mm but I really don't want gloss black, that's the thing.

I want them chrome, just like new, so a refurb is kind of pretty much off the table. Unless of course there are some *cough* controversial *cough* re-chroming places around the country, which I'm sure there are. I did get wind of one before, but again I don't know if I could trust somewhere like that.

You can get em refurbed to whatever you want, get em ball polished etc. Can upload some pics of what you can get done. Chrome is tackyyyyyyyy btw, polished metal will give you a shiny look without the chavness, basically look like these

DDMCO.jpg

Codehook

Nov 19, 2008
Windsor, UK
You can get em refurbed to whatever you want, get em ball polished etc. Can upload some pics of what you can get done. Chrome is tackyyyyyyyy btw, polished metal will give you a shiny look without the chavness, basically look like these
They do look good on that image you posted.

To be honest all the wheels and finishes I've seen on websites make the wheels look like they're made of plastic, especially that paint that's supposed to make wheels look like chrome.

Do you think it's a good idea then to go with a ball polished look in black? If so, where can I get them done? If not, what would be a good idea do you think, and where?

betts

chasing horses
May 22, 2009
nottingham
if you want to sell your wheels to fund some new ones ill have a couple off you mate, tyres not needed

Poverty

will post up some different refurb options in a short while

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members