Keep getting key fob low battery warning?

motormadmarc

Dec 24, 2020
Norfolk, Next To The Sea 🐟
Hi guys. As the posts title says, after only a few months from when I last changed the key fob battery I've started getting a warning notification upon start up telling me that I need to change battery again. So as I'd previously bought a battery twin pack from the local garage, I put a brand new battery In earlier today. But I'm still getting the same warning notification.
Any suggestions guys? Is this just a glitch In the Infotainment system?

MY car Is a 2020 (70 plate) 1 litre TSI SE Dynamic.

Cheers lads 🙄

Ps : I've now ordered a pack of 4 Duracell CR2032's.

But these are the battery's that I previously used. The previously installed battery lasted about 6 months or so?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-07-14-18-31-38-11_b5f6883d2c20a96c53babc0b4ac88108.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-14-18-31-38-11_b5f6883d2c20a96c53babc0b4ac88108.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
Always try to use a quality brand, bought from a reputable source (not an Amazon or eBay seller), as there isn't a lot of power in these buttons - if you want them to last.

andycalvia

Oct 20, 2004
Ayrshire
I had the same issue, tried 3 different quality makes of battery (duracel, energizer and Panasonic) none worked, the light still remained on until I refuelled my card then it finally went off for both keys.

motormadmarc

Dec 24, 2020
Thanks for the replies guys and just an update. I've just removed the key fob battery that I installed a few days ago and installed a brand new Duracell. And yes you've guessed It, the "please replace key fob battery" warning" Is still there upon start up.

Oh, and I've also refuelled the car yesterday and that didn't work either. So surely this Is a glitch somewhere In the system 🤬

Ps : The actual fob Is working perfectly and even the little red light flashes when the fobs tabs are pressed?

May 25, 2022
I keep getting the same notification on both of my keys. Has been happening for well over 6 months now and the batter hasn't died. I just keep ignoring it.

motormadmarc

Dec 24, 2020
I keep getting the same notification on both of my keys. Has been happening for well over 6 months now and the batter hasn't died. I just keep ignoring it.
Fingers crossed but I actually think that It's now been sorted. Why, because I phoned up my local SEAT dealer this morning and spoke to a really helpful service manager. And what he said was, you have to change BOTH batteries In BOTH fobs at the same time. This I did, and I then took the spare fob to the car first started the engine and SUCCESS, no low battery warning appeared. I then went back Indoors and left the spare fob that I'd just tested on the table and took my regularly used fob outside to the car and started the car for a second time. SUCCESS again, no more annoying warning message appeared.

So hopefully the issue has now been sorted and won't reappear anytime soon 😀

Reactions: Disadadi

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
I ignore the warning and wait till it no longer works, but next time I might try changing both key batteries together.

ruidebraga

May 31, 2023
I am recuperating this old topic back, because i too have the low battery warning. I just replaced the main key, but will try to replace the spare key also.
When i do that, will update this topic.

Shaun123

Sep 5, 2020
I am recuperating this old topic back, because i too have the low battery warning. I just replaced the main key, but will try to replace the spare key also.
When i do that, will update this topic.
I had to replace both batteries to make the low battery warning go away.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.