Keeping my Cupra TDI

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
Ok

Some of you might know i use to be the Keeper of a Seat Ibiza Cupra TDI

basically back in January i sent it back (it was a company Car) and i have just been offered to buy it

Basically i thought about buying it and selling it on but after much debating i will be selling my run around and keeping the Seat

So all my bits i sold i will now need to buy again like strut brace and bonnet bra. lol

but im keeping the girl so YAY for me

NOW!!!!

as i will be owning the car i can do what i want to it so it will be getting a little treatment

1) repair the scratch and chipped bonnet.

2) replace front Pads and Disc - Where is the Best place to get parts cheap?

3) spacers for rear wheels - How much and where?

4) Plan Hybrid (looking for Summer Time)

have a few questions on Hybrid - Thinking of going to P-Torque

1) is a new filter a must for a hybrid?

2) do you need a Turbo Back Exhaust on a cupra?

3) Do i need uprated Intercooler Pipes - If so where from? i know every one says forge But i cant find it on there website.

4) Jabba Sport ARB - Are these good for the Cupra?

sorry for the million questions but i am excited :D

smee

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
#2..... It's expensive no matter where you get the parts from
#3..... I picked 40mm track wide, eibach ones for about £80

Jaba sport RARB is very good, but there is a new make in town called white line... was much cheaper than the jabba one.

Turbo back exhaust isn't a must but a Cat on a DERV isn't required so.. I'd do a straight thro'

Air filter is a most even on a bog stanards setup.

Uprated intercooler hose isn't required.

sssstew

Editing your spelling
Hey Smee.. welcome back then ;)

2) Euro Car Parts
3) about 70-80 from badger5 on here, with longer bolts

Hybrid
1) No, but a nice panel filter will help a little and wont need to be replaced all the time
2) like rik says, not a must but can be done. little more noise
3) usually its the clips which need uprating

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
yea i thought about old bill. :) couldnt see i post on his shop page but i got to sort the paint work out first as she has a few battle scars lol

So if i get a Green Panel Filter and remove the CAT that will be good enough? i like the Standard Exhaust on the Cupra so dont really want to change it.

I think i will up grade the Intercooler pipes although i have read all of Forges Pages and they dont do them anymore. so i might have to go to Allard if there still running. i think it will help i have always said there is a boost leak some where on that car.

Plan is

Step 1.

Forge Front and Rear Strut Brace, Whiteline ARB (Thanks Ric forgot about that one), Sort the Paint work.

Step 2

Refurb my alloys

Step 3

Filter and Decat. Fit New Brake Discs

Step 4

Save like mad

Also being my car i can actually do a track day in it now. which i wasnt allowed before. so snetterton open session day here i come.

Smee

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
yea. problem i have is since i got 9 points the misses is like you cant drive fast blah blah blah. so i have to do all this on the sneaky sneaky. oh no babe my turbo has blown up... DAM!!!

Smee

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
yea good to be back. and this time its mine so once i get the suspension sorted its straight to snetterton

had confirmation from Will and P-Torque that a Cupra Exhaust decatted will flow enough for hybrid :)

jus need to SAVE SAVE SAVE

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
Just Ordered My Strut Brace Front and Rear Forge ones ebay

£76 for rear and £48 for the front (cheaper than Forge Website)

if any one wants links he has a few looks like a new distributer

Smee

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
Strut Bracecs have arrived :) i have a few questions about the Rear Strut Brace.

i understand teh work instructions all the way up to when you have to screw the Bar to the screws you have installed.

Basically you wind the pipe in to the smallest size and then screw in and then tighten the the aduster. BUT i cant get my head round how you get both ends to fully screw in.... if i screw one end in the other end will unscrew. or am i being retarded lol

smee

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
What's it's like through the bends the standard setup was a. It scary when pushed by my heavy foot. So plan is to track day it so I need a good compromise.

You got rear spacers?

Lee

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
What's it's like through the bends the standard setup was a. It scary when pushed by my heavy foot. So plan is to track day it so I need a good compromise.

You got rear spacers?

Lee

Gave it a realy good thrash round some twisty country roads with DPJ last weekend after the North East RR day. Handling is soooo much better now. No understeer and very sharp turn in :D

Looking for some spacers at the mo.

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
I had the same choice mate and I'm happy with the V-Maxx ones. Takes it down as far as you will ever want and ride is good.

Whiteline rear ARB makes a HUGE difference too mate :D

CupraOl

Mar 8, 2004
Visit site
lol I've come to spam YOUR thread now! :cartman:

I don't think the APs need shorter droplinks? I've not seen anybody post about it on here anyway.

Damo, would you mind saying who did your wheels? I keep getting silly quotes for mine, i.e. 65-85 a wheel, which is taking the mick! :help:

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
It was just a local company who done mine, but they went under at christmas......

I'll be doing mine again myself in the summer though :)

CupraOl

Mar 8, 2004
Visit site
Oh OK. I'll have to keep looking around.

What sort of finish are you going for the in the summer?

I'm really not sure what to do with mine at the moment, though they need doing badly!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members