keeping the beeza

Hudson

May 15, 2007
Bilston.
Well guys and gals I've decided to keep the beeza, was going to upgrade to a astra VXR but have decided now is not the time for me to spend that kind of money.

So heres my thoughts and i'd love your comments.

Brakes - I'm 90% sure that my brakes are gonna need to be replaced (discs and pads front and rear) - Do I got for 288 brembo discs and frodo pads - or get a 312 setup. - Should i stay stansdard on the back?

Exhaust - I've never really considered a new exhaust it being a fr derv and all but i've looked and milltek do a full system with oval or twin jet finish - resonated and non (whatever that means) is it worth it?

clutch - I think my cluth has started slipping (i drive like i stole it unfortunately) can i get a cupra one or should i go for a third party one (or will the standard fr one do me just as good).

Bushes - Again i'm certain that some of my bushes are gonna be an mot fail - i can feel the play when i have the car up on a lift - do i just go for standard, should i replace like for like with the cupra alternative. I also considered getting powerflex throughout - what kind of work is there entailed in this.

I think thats all really for now - my drivers window has started rattlign so I need to take of my door panel and check that its not snapped one of the rails (thast my guess) so theres another couple of quids :(.

H

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
Well guys and gals I've decided to keep the beeza, was going to upgrade to a astra VXR but have decided now is not the time for me to spend that kind of money.

So heres my thoughts and i'd love your comments.

Brakes - I'm 90% sure that my brakes are gonna need to be replaced (discs and pads front and rear) - Do I got for 288 brembo discs and frodo pads - or get a 312 setup. - Should i stay stansdard on the back?

Exhaust - I've never really considered a new exhaust it being a fr derv and all but i've looked and milltek do a full system with oval or twin jet finish - resonated and non (whatever that means) is it worth it?

clutch - I think my cluth has started slipping (i drive like i stole it unfortunately) can i get a cupra one or should i go for a third party one (or will the standard fr one do me just as good).

Bushes - Again i'm certain that some of my bushes are gonna be an mot fail - i can feel the play when i have the car up on a lift - do i just go for standard, should i replace like for like with the cupra alternative. I also considered getting powerflex throughout - what kind of work is there entailed in this.

I think thats all really for now - my drivers window has started rattlign so I need to take of my door panel and check that its not snapped one of the rails (thast my guess) so theres another couple of quids :(.

H

Brakes - if the car is mapped, get the 312mm setup as it will give much better stopping power, the rears arnt that important just get a decent set of discs and pads on the standard size and you'll be fine

Bushes - ditch the standard ones they are fookin useless and last no time at all, mine lasted 12k miles!! get the original cupra or powerflex bushes as they'll last alot longer and will be able to handle the power better

clutch - again if the car is remapped and its starting to slip upgrade to a 3rd party one, Sachs would be the recommended one, up to 350ft/lb torque i do believe

exhaust - will be worth it, resonated and non resonated is how noisy you want it, i think non resonated is the quieter of the 2, a turbo back setup would give you the greater power gains

personally i would look at getting a FMIC, will be able to hold the power for alot longer with one of those bad boys :happy:

Apr 27, 2008
i thought the non resonated was the louder one? :confused: either way i would go for a custom exhaust. i'v just got one fitted on my cupra tdi and i love it, turbo-back de-cat for £283 :whistle:

iv got full sachs organic uprated clutch and it can hold upto 400lb/ft torque

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
i thought the non resonated was the louder one?
:redface: your right just checked the miltek site:

Q. What is a resonator and what's the difference between a resonated and non-resonated exhaust system?
A. A resonator is a chamber in the exhaust system that contains a specific volume of air which is designed to cancel out certain frequencies of sound (made by the engine) - making the exhaust noise quieter.

Therefore, a non-resonated exhaust system will give you extra performance and a louder exhaust note and the resonated system will give you extra performance without increasing the exhaust noise much.

copyright miltek 2010 etc etc

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.