Kev's Mk2 Leon Cupra R now APR stage 2+

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Hi
So I've been thinking of doing this for a while now.
I started my Seat ownership with a 2005 Ibiza Cupra tdi in 2008, i didn't have many plans for it until i found this forum.
My Ibiza went from standard to a hybrid 224bhp and 360lbs/ft of torque smoke machine I loved it. Literally smoked other cars and people were gutted their cars were slower the a diesel. here is couple of pics

null_zps4c026a1e.jpg

null_zpsc2919f61.jpg

null_zps1b4e8103.jpg

Here is a link to my Ibiza RR thread if your interested http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=234495

After 4 years of ownership I started to look for a new car and it was between an Audi S3 and a Leon Cupra. It wasn't long till I realised for the same money I could get a lot better spec Leon than S3. So I started to do a lot of research on the mk2 Cupra. After looking at a few Cupras and an R I'd made my mind up and just had to find the right car.
A few months passed and then this popped up 20 miles from from me so I had to go and have a test drive.

IMG_2546.png

IMG_2545.png

So I went for test drive and I had to have it, A bonus was all the optional extras sat-nav, bluetooth, Xenons, front and back parking sensors and other things.
When I was researching I had decided when I get myself a Cupra I would add the btcc/k1 side skirts, triple r splitter and get the wheels powder coated gloss black, buying this I didn't need to.
A little bit more research I found the car belonged to a forum member, he had no problems with the car just change because the mileage he was doing. Also found out he had left on the uprated clutch, red ignition coil packs, NGK iridium X colder spark plugs and the 42 draft vw shift bushing set.

Then a week later I drove the my new car home, had some fun for the day then parked it away in a garage till I could sell my Ibiza. Here is the only pic I got of both my cars should of got more really.

IMG_2563.jpg

5 weeks later I sold my Ibiza and got £1800 more than I was offered part exchange.
Now it was time to get my new toy out, couple of weeks later I gave her a good wash, clayed, polished and waxed.

IMG_2614.jpg

IMG_2615.jpg

IMG_2616.jpg

IMG_2617.jpg

IMG_2620.jpg

more updates shortly, APR stage 1, H&R lowering spring, Evoms V-flow induction kit.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Very nice mate. Needs either magnex of BCS turbo back exhaust straight off the bat ;)

Cheers big eck, I'm planning on BCS turbo back exhaust as my next mod after Aks 370mm brake kit. Not sure which cat back exhaust from BCS sports, prestige or powervalve. Am thinking of going powervalve but not 100% sure yet, I like the idea of it quiet off boost then loud when my foot is to the floor.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
APR stage 1 mk2 Leon Cupra R, Aks 370mm brake kit coming soon

So after 3 months of owning my LCR it was due its 1st MOT, as the front tyres were a bit running short on tread I invested in a front set of Michelin pilot super sports £180 each. With the new tyres my LCR passed its 1st MOT so I got in touch with Awesome Gti and her booked in for stage 1 APR remap. Remap make a big difference to the car pulled harder right through rev range, loved it even more.

Next I bought these off a mk5golfgti forum member,
Evoms V-flow intake
IMG_2648.jpg

Evoms V-flow intake heat shield
IMG_2649.jpg

****** boost gauge, nomad racing pillar pod and APR boost tap
IMG_2650.jpg

so I travel up to Edinburgh to pick them up was a nice ride up a long the A702.

Took me a while to get the parts fit myself but in the mean time I got booked in at Awesome to have H&R lowering spring fit and have 4 wheel alignment done.

Before pic
IMG_2616.jpg

Sat at Awesome before fitting
IMG_2675.jpg

After pic
IMG_2679.jpg

Day after that I travelled up to Knockhill for BTCC here she is parked in the far corner of the car park looking nice and low
IMG_2676.jpg

It was a 300 mile round trip to Knockhill and when I got home I still had quarter of a tank of fuel left range was saying 110miles, I averaged 31mpg's quite good I thought.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Last week I had a Sunday night shift cancelled at work so I got Monday off. Since the weather was ok I decided it was about time I fit my Evoms intake and cut and fit the cheap Seat tfsi engine cover I got cheap off eBay.
Pic before I started

IMG_2684.jpg

Started by removing the engine cover and air intake

IMG_2685.jpg

Now it was time to fit my Evoms V-flow intake

IMG_2686.jpg

A pic of both engine covers before I cut the cheap tfsi cover to fit over the Evoms and swop the badges round to look standard.

IMG_2688.jpg

Everything fitted and looking tidy, Evoms, heat shield, tfsi engine cover with the Cupra R badge on

IMG_2689.jpg

IMG_2690.jpg

After this I went out for a test drive, love the noise and the turbo flutter, I can feel the difference with the Evoms on she revs easier all the way to the redline less restricted. Can't wait for stage 2 now.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Looks really nice fella, nice work with the engine cover too.

I went from a Yellow mk4 Ibiza to a Mk2 LCR too, seems like a popular route to go lol.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Looks really nice fella, nice work with the engine cover too.

I went from a Yellow mk4 Ibiza to a Mk2 LCR too, seems like a popular route to go lol.

Cheers Crafoo, the engine cover had to done as the tfsi engine is very ugly without the cover on. Only took an hour of my time and £45 on the spare cover so I kept the original for when I return to standard.

My mk4 Ibiza was the best car I've owned until I bought my LCR.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Cheers Crafoo, the engine cover had to done as the tfsi engine is very ugly without the cover on. Only took an hour of my time and £45 on the spare cover so I kept the original for when I return to standard.

My mk4 Ibiza was the best car I've owned until I bought my LCR.

Quite fancy an Evoms myself and I think I will when I have a bit of disposable, if you don't mind me asking where did you buy it from and how much did you part with?

I loved my old Ibiza too, great fun car and upset a fair few people who didn't realise how quick they are, although mine wasn't the 150hp car that came from the factory, more like 220+ lol

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
I was lucky enough to get my Evoms second hand and only paid £180 for near new condition. I know Regal Motorsport still advertise the Evoms for £285 and an extra £25 for the metal heat shield that goes above the turbo.

220+ bhp rapid little cars, I wouldn't say no to owning another Ibiza Cupra tdi rather and the hybrid turbo I'ld go Darkside GTB and aim for the 300bhp mark.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Yeah I've seen Regal sell them, I was considering going straight to Evoms themselves in America and hoping the exchange rate works out in my favour.

300bhp would be nuts in something that small, you'd spend half your life changing the front tyres lol

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
It would be worth a look if you can save a bit of money. I found mine for sale on the mk5golfgti forum there was a itg intake for there for sale last week you could keep an out I just see what pops up.

It would be worth the cost of tyres for the look on people's faces as you pull away in a little old Ibiza. Something I would do for a second car if I had a fair bit of spare cash, will never happen though.

B5NGV

Aug 29, 2013
I like the way you worked the engine cover which sits really well. I live near Regal and have considered the Evoms intake. Is the build quality good on these?

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
I like the way you worked the engine cover which sits really well. I live near Regal and have considered the Evoms intake. Is the build quality good on these?

Yeah the build quality is good on the Evoms, strong and solid when fit.

Nice MK2 this :)

Thanks t0m

did you take pic of the cover once it was cut up before fitting want to do mine just don't want to balls it up lol

I didn't get any pics but I'll get some for you at the weekend only takes a few seconds to remove. I'll get some pics of the modified cover next to the standard cover I have so you can see the bits I cut of.

May 31, 2011
Essex
Cheers will be a massive help as I know I will get happy with cutting bits and trying to make it look tidy and before I know it cut to much off lol

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
the engine bay looks so much better with the induction kit fitted :p
its almost like seat left that huge big unfilled space there on purpose for everyone to fit some aftermarket goodies lol

Yeah I agree with you mate looks better with an induction fitted. That's what it seems like Seat have done and I'm glad they did as the sound of the induction kit is awesome.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.