Kev's Mk2 Leon Cupra R now APR stage 2+

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Aye mate. I'm taking it in tomorrow to let a guy have a listen to it. Pretty sure its the 4th gear synchro that's knackered, at least I hope that's it. I just need to set aside a week to leave the car with them.

I hope it's nothing major and is a straight forward fix.
How did you come on driving home with out 4th?

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
I sometimes keep goin into 4th and cringe every time I do it lol. Its pretty easy on the long runs but about town its annoying. I done it twice today and it only crunched a tiny bit the once so I don't think its that bad.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Just getting towards a brilliant holiday, I was looking forward for going for a drive as my car had hardly moved for ages from working so much before I went away. Any how leaving my car parked outside my house looking like this, where it is always parked.

Last few hours of my holiday I received a phone call off the the gf's mam, saying just so you don't worry when you get home that your car has been stolen, it at ours parked in the shed. Because the night we went away somebody had tried to put a brick through the wind screen. Brilliant!

So after getting home I went to see the damage, I was f**king raging and I still am.

After speaking to the nice old lady (nearly deaf) next door see told us what the other neighbours had seen. Apparently 1 of the neighbours had heard a bang looked out the window and seen 2 youths banging on my wind screen. But because it just looked like they were punching it just watched and then watched them WALK off.
After hearing this has pissed me off even more, the useless fat idiot neighbour.

So it costing £80 for a new windscreen, and all the police can do is give my a crime numbers.

Anyhow the company my insurance use can't get the windscreen till Friday so no car for the rest of the week.

I should be all chilled out after an amazing time on holiday but I'm so pissed off its unreal.

potter88

Jan 1, 2011
Norwich
I'd be fuming too mate and understand how angry you must be.

Only good thing out of it, is that it's just a winderscreen. If they were trying to steal they could have used crowbars on doors, keyed the side of the car etc so if anything positive should come out its just a winderscreen

I'd still be pee'd though

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Absolute scum mate, why do people get pleasure out of damaging other peoples property. I know its not good but at least it was only the windscreen and not the bodywork.

Shame on your neighbor though, I would of straight out the house!

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
I'd be fuming too mate and understand how angry you must be.

Only good thing out of it, is that it's just a winderscreen. If they were trying to steal they could have used crowbars on doors, keyed the side of the car etc so if anything positive should come out its just a winderscreen

I'd still be pee'd though

Absolute scum mate, why do people get pleasure out of damaging other peoples property. I know its not good but at least it was only the windscreen and not the bodywork.

Shame on your neighbor though, I would of straight out the house!

I'm glad it only the windscreen when I was told somebody had tried to put a brick through the windscreen I was expecting damage to the paint work on the bonnet where the brick had bounced off, but what ever they used they took with them.

Same here If seen anybody doing anything to a car on the street I would be out asap, I'll be having a word with my neighbour next time see them.

Feb 16, 2013
North Wales
whoah kev,
truly gutted for ya m8,id string the little fooks up and torture them
at least the paintwork wasnt touched as it could of been costly

Never2old

Jul 5, 2014
North East
This is happing far to much now its not just the damage its the inconvenice to get all sorted as well,god help if any one of us who look after our cars got hold of these scumbags

colsy

Mar 15, 2012
Dover
I think anyone would have been really pissed off about it ,I know I would .

They need to be hung by the bollox from the nearest tree :)

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
So my windscreen is now fixed only took them 2 goes, 1st attempt the guy was putting the last bit of trim on and manage to catch the edge of the windscreen and cracked it so I had to wait another 4 days for a new windscreen. To be fair the guy that done it was gutted and apologised loads, even his manager rang and apologised.

After driving my gf's 1.2, 3 cylinder Polo with something like 55-60bhp for a week then being able to drive my car after the long wait. With like 5-6 times more power it was unreal it has never felt so fast, I love how powerfull my car is and how well it handles. Can't wait to get my new house done up so I can start spending on my car again.

I've managed to get the forge catch second hand off a fellow member (the last mod I'll be doing for a few months). So after I've fit it I'll be putting my Revo PCV revamp up for sale, if anybody is interest or knows anybody that might be get in touch.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Kev's Mk2 Leon Cupra R, Knockhill track evening pics

Any more updates on this just had a skim read and looks a pretty well sorted car.

No nothing has changed, been doing a house up so all my money has been spend on the house, nearly finished now so modding will begin again soon. Loads of plans.

MOT and service, cambelt and waterpump is booked for a couple of weeks time, that's as exciting as it gets at the minute.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Kev's Mk2 Leon Cupra R stage 2 soon 2+

It's been a while since I've updated, a few things have been upgrade this last week.
Over the Xmas period I seen on fb that TSR were selling the Loba hpfp at a discounted price cheaper that the APR rebuild I had planned on doing with the second hand hpfp I bought, so plans changed and I bought the Loba hpfp.
I've owned the car for 3 years soon and only done around 12000 miles so thought it was time I changed the plugs.
87C8C6D0-DAB2-47AD-84CB-9CD6C7B6F4EB.jpg

The old plugs put in by the previous owner were still in good condition and the red R8 ignition coils still looked like new which must be helped by running with a modified engine cover.
25C281A5-40B3-4FF9-89BD-2EDD90EA61B9.jpg

Just before I changed the hpfp I read about couple of people who's electric connection on the top of the hpfp was damaged which meant them buying a new hpfp. So to prevent this happening I ordered the Celtemp gaurd which turned up in a couple of days. So I fit the Loba hpfp.
8B295D2C-3839-44E4-A6CE-FB1E991C0D27.jpg

With the Celtemp gaurd
64C55DFC-97BD-48EC-B9C3-B65BE5A41634.jpg

While the hpfp was off I fit the new cam follower that came with the Loba pump, the old follower didnt look to be warn to much.
5BBBC908-6893-49F5-B9FB-35F21C5239A7.jpg

While I was on I came across the Forge oil catch can I had bought I while back before I moved house. So I removed the Revo pcv revamp.
C061C1E3-E273-4806-85B8-4983D7791EBB.jpg

How the engine bay looks now
FAABDA0E-E369-47D8-8F1D-4971D66EF84C.jpg

C842BDA1-F52B-4E92-A696-45D5993571E9.jpg

So I'm working my way to stage 2+, already got another couple of parts waiting to be fit. APR rfd and RS4 fprv but I'll fit these when I've got the Peron intercooler and CTS turbo discharge and throttle pipes.
307F8A62-C101-4EAE-89FE-ECBBD020227E.jpg

Next update will be on Monday after I've been to BCS for my Powervalve system being fit.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Went down to BCS today to get my Powervalve system fit. Got to say how the guys at BCS are the so helpful, friendly and provide a top quality service. The products they sell are unreal and sound amazing. Here is a couple of pics so you can see the quality your selfs.

4EE314E9-E4C4-4621-A2D2-24D32273C59F.jpg

4E7E8B2C-AE18-499F-B5DE-F9A37DB702A5.jpg

1D28A43F-7DFB-4F2C-9EA2-028EF527F729.jpg

20B1CB25-D668-4380-9454-DAAC8E6F2FE3.jpg

649C47CC-9B2E-4562-BC55-C35010985BF9.jpg

Here is a little drive by video, sounds good on the video but sounds even better in real live.

Going to get Nige at BCS to email me the pics he got today then I'll post my favourite ones.