Keyless entry

Secretagent

Nov 26, 2022
I noticed the other day as I rinsed the car with a hose pipe prior to washing it every time the water from the hose was directed at the driver's door handle it unlocked the car then again locked it then unlocked it and so forth, yes the key was in my pocket.

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
I noticed the other day as I rinsed the car with a hose pipe prior to washing it every time the water from the hose was directed at the driver's door handle it unlocked the car then again locked it then unlocked it and so forth, yes the key was in my pocket.
I've found the same thing whilst washing ever since I've had it. I unlock it and then open a door, place the key back inside the house to prevent random locking/unlocking. In reply to this this thread I can say I've had no issues with the keyless entry system at all so far this winter. My car lives on the drive so is outside at all times.

Reactions: Bear

axeriano

Dec 5, 2022
Latvia
Hey everyone. I have a little more information about this, I have some inside from the dealer.
First of all, I had previous Golf 7.5 with the same VW Keyless System and no issue for 5 years! No matter what the weather is or how dirty is the car. Probably I've never pressed the unlock button on the keyfob except to open the car far from it.
Now I am having Cupra Leon ST with the same issue, mentioned in previous posts.
VW Group changed manufacturer for the keyless sensor and now we all have issues opening the car with a hand (including VW ID.3 and maybe other brands/models).
The problem is due to electrical measurements caused by salt or other dirties. Even It's enough for the dust to stop working. You can check this by washing your car with clean water under pressure. It's should work until the hand is dirty again (I tested it when it was -10 degrees). Don't try to clean with a napkin, doesn't help :)
The latest news says that a software update addressing this problem should come this February, but it's unknown if it will be OTA or service visit.
Talk to your dealers, this is a 100% guarantee case.

Reactions: oldgitdave

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I read on one forum that with the ongoing semiconductor supply shortages, in order to keep car production going VAG will very likely have been sourcing semiconductors from alternative suppliers post-Covid if their usual suppliers can’t deliver.

It was suggested that there may be some ‘quality issues’ with those chips - maybe shortcuts in quality control procedures by the semiconductor manufacturers if they’ve ramped up production in order to satisfy demand? If so, then might that be a reason for some of the tech-related glitches that owners of current generation VAG vehicles are experiencing?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise