Deltascort

Mar 29, 2022
Keyless entry has now stopped working
Locks the car every time. But can not unlock without key fob

unlocking and locking both work with fob as well

Any ideas.

I have tired by OS and NS

Deleted member 135594

Mine does the same. I am taking it to the shop for the second time in two weeks next Monday. Last week it got a 4 hour update that didn´t help.
I can unlock one out of 10 times more or less. But never by the passenger door.

Lately it also ramdomly restarts the infotainment with a lot of alarms to follow ( while driving ). Then it changes the "view" in the display at the wheel.
Also, when i turn the car off while in Sport or Cupra mode. It starts up in the same mode next time but only with the sound and the sign on the display.
Gearshift and suspension is back to comfort ( changing in low revs and no blibbing ), it re-engages start/stop and the gears ( f. ex. S1 ) don´t show, only "D".
When pushing the cupra button until the sport mode comes back, all is back in sport.

I will update when i get it back next week. If you find any solution to your keyless access, please share.

Attachments

• 20221213_101726.jpg
    20221213_101726.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 207

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
There are other threads about the same issue.
Seems like the cold weather is affecting the keyless entry.

Mine stopped working a few days ago.
Then yesterday it was working.
Today it has stopped working again.

Just another of those little quirks I guess.

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
Also, when i turn the car off while in Sport or Cupra mode. It starts up in the same mode next time but only with the sound and the sign on the display.
Gearshift and suspension is back to comfort ...
This is normal I think? Annoying, but normal as far as I have heard. Mine always does this

Deleted member 135594

This is normal I think? Annoying, but normal as far as I have heard. Mine always does this
Maybe i will find out next week:unsure:
It should stay in the mode you left it in, or completely got back to comfort. Not mix them. That makes no sense.
I never had a car, or motorcycle for that matter, that did this. So many lose ends in this software.

PS : Good video about your exhaust project (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ninjakebab

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Also having this, I posted about it here.

Korefan

Jun 10, 2022
Latvia
Yep, it seems that the reason is cold weather. Same on mine as temperature got down under 0C.
A bit annoying of course .. But haldex works good, engine works perfectly, so .. I hope no other quirks will be found on mine car :D
Btw, also have a glitch with a windows. If you press down button to open it a bit and later will try to close - it will get down :D

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
I imagine the keyless unlocking failure is down to the cold temperatures that people in the cooler parts of the world are seeing more and we are temporarily in the UK.

It makes me consider that the unlock is temperature based (so it's picking up the hand temperature) but I've never tried unlocking the car with gloves on where a temperature based system wouldn't work either. So it could be a proximity based system, but also somehow temperature limited.

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
I imagine the keyless unlocking failure is down to the cold temperatures that people in the cooler parts of the world are seeing more and we are temporarily in the UK.

It makes me consider that the unlock is temperature based (so it's picking up the hand temperature) but I've never tried unlocking the car with gloves on where a temperature based system wouldn't work either. So it could be a proximity based system, but also somehow temperature limited.
The actual sensor type has me confused too. Because essentially, if it was an infrared thermal sensor it should work even better in cold temperatures since the delta T of background vs skin would be even bigger.

The -14°C in Denmark currently also has the sensor failing

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
Exactly the same on my Ateca. Cold mornings I come out to find the car has shut certain systems down. KESSY doesn't work, interior lights don't come on, start button not illuminated - that last is a real pain. Trick seems to be to open the drivers door, shut it, then open it again - hey! Presto! we have lights, and, shhould we want it, KESSY to lock the doors.

• Wow
Reactions: Ninjakebab

Deleted member 135594

I have had the door handles failing at 5°C...working at -10°...failing at -5°...working at -13°.
Advice to anyone considering this vehicle : BMW

Last edited by a moderator:

Korefan

Jun 10, 2022
Latvia
I have had the door handles failing at 5°C...working at -10°...failing at -5°...working at -13°.
Advice to anyone considering this vehicle : BMW
They should lower their price :D
To buy something like VZ 310 - I need to pay something around 80k EUR :(

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Usually the keyless unlocks the door just as you place it between door and handle. In the relative warmth of the UK at around 0C yesterday that didn’t work but as I held the handle for a second it unlocked.

Does this not work either when it’s colder?

Korefan

Jun 10, 2022
Latvia
Usually the keyless unlocks the door just as you place it between door and handle. In the relative warmth of the UK at around 0C yesterday that didn’t work but as I held the handle for a second it unlocked.

For me - it doesn't work.
But I will try one more time later ;-)

May 11, 2022
Ro
What I noticed from mine ( also working intermittently) is that the keyless doesn't work when the car is very dirty...

To buy something like VZ 310 - I need to pay something around 80k EUR :(
Did they increase the price with 20-30k euro in the last 6 months? If not, a full options VZ310 is around 50K ( source : my experience buying one )

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
What I noticed from mine ( also working intermittently) is that the keyless doesn't work when the car is very dirty...

Did they increase the price with 20-30k euro in the last 6 months? If not, a full options VZ310 is around 50K ( source : my experience buying one )
Interesting, now the weather (in the UK) has warmed up the keyless is still not unlocking (locking is OK but that’s a proper button). However the car is filthy (so filthy within only a couple of weeks that I had to make the rear number plate legally visible, I’ve never had to do that on a car before!)

Another consequence of the 20degC temp change is my garage is soaking in condensation as is my MG under its cover…. Quite a common thing with such a swing in temperature apparently.

Korefan

Jun 10, 2022
Latvia

I mean if I want to buy BMW with the same performance figures - I need to pay something like ~70-80k EUR instead of 40k for Formentor.

Korefan

Jun 10, 2022
Latvia

Today I have washed my car and comfort access started to work again! :D

barqqsanu

Sep 9, 2021
Keyless entry has now stopped working
Locks the car every time. But can not unlock without key fob

unlocking and locking both work with fob as well

Any ideas.

I have tired by OS and NS
Same issue here, at 3-4 degrees C. After doing many tests, I discovered that if my hand is very cold and dry, it won't work, but if you blow a bit of hot air in your hand, it will work. Basically it has the same behaviour as my smartphone...

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.