Keys and Immobiliser Codes

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
Hi,

Where would be the best place to go to get the keys and/or immobiliser code changed for my Leon?

Paranoind or what I want to make it safe.

Cheers.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Seat. Go to your local dealer directly and they will do it for you.

Be prepared to stump up a fair bit of cash though, as this paranoia is going to cost you a pretty penny.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
That will vary depending on the dealer and their hourly rates. I'd give a couple of local ones a call and see what they say :)

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
I shall do.

Basically I told a work colleague where I'd got my car from and they were quite shocked, told me about how their friend had one stolen after buying there, and when asking the police were told it had a reputation.

Steeering lock or handbrake/gear stick lock?

Chemical Al

Trollied Member
Apr 6, 2004
Craven Arms, Shropshire
im guessing you are worried they have kept a spare set of keys?

go to your dealer with all the keys you have and get them to erase all keys and start from scratch adding the keys you have. this will render the spair set useless, well, they may be able to unlock the car (only by turning the key in the lock) but they will not be able to start it or stop the alarm from going off.

They will need to reprog the remote part (you can do this yourself if you want, its quite easy) and the imobiliser.

HTH

Last edited:

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
Yeh the rumour is they get a copy made, sell a car and then steal it back and sell it on again somewhere else I guess, money laundering tut.

Right I shall go to the dealer then and do that. Just worried when it doesn't drive off they'll wreck it, or break in my house :eek:(

Don't know how far people go.

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
I shall do the first suggestiong you said.

Do all cupra's have an alarm?

Not sure about delocking it, sounds complicated!

Last edited:

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
Hmmm, seems the only Seat Dealer Service Centre in my area is stopping doing them and can no longer change key codes. Got another number of the nearest city to try.

Maybe just call an Auto Locksmith instead?

I tried the local Skoda garage but they couldn't help :(

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Could always move ... or get a new reg

The only people who can re-code the keys and immobiliser are SEAT unfortunately :(

Not a massive job though, you could book it in and drive as far as you need to to find a garage that will do it while you wait

Chemical Al

Trollied Member
Apr 6, 2004
Craven Arms, Shropshire
Hmmm, seems the only Seat Dealer Service Centre in my area is stopping doing them and can no longer change key codes. Got another number of the nearest city to try.

Maybe just call an Auto Locksmith instead?

I tried the local Skoda garage but they couldn't help :(

hmm

The only people who can re-code the keys and immobiliser are SEAT unfortunately :(

this is not true, anyone with vag com can do it providing you know your SKC (Secret Key Code)

any decent auto locksmith will get this SKC from your car. Where as SEAT will have it on record at HQ but can get funny about letting you have it.

I am very suprised they are not willing to help you, I would say its just a bad dealer try elsewhere.

or you could buy your own skc reader but they are not cheap.

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Think I misunderstood the question...

Doesn't he want to change it altogether so that any cloned keys won't work ??

Or can you reset it to something completely different through VagCom too :confused:

Chemical Al

Trollied Member
Apr 6, 2004
Craven Arms, Shropshire
right,

in order to do anything with the immobiliser you need a log-in code or SKC.

once you have this code you can add/remove keys.

the hard part is getting the log-in/SKC, the "myth" seems to be that only dealers can do this. this is not true. anyone with the right eqipment can do it, ie a auto locksmith or even some of the members on here.

once you have the code you can simply log-on and add/remove keys with vag com.

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
Well I had a search on google for vag group immobiliser reprogramming and Chemical Al is spot on, not that I doubted ;)

I've emailed a couple of garages and will ring a couple today, and the Seat Service place a couple of towns away.

If I could get the SKC I'd do it myself, would love to play with the VAG COM settings, it can set a 'chirp' on the remote locking right?

Chemical Al

Trollied Member
Apr 6, 2004
Craven Arms, Shropshire
Well I had a search on google for vag group immobiliser reprogramming and Chemical Al is spot on, not that I doubted ;)

I've emailed a couple of garages and will ring a couple today, and the Seat Service place a couple of towns away.

If I could get the SKC I'd do it myself, would love to play with the VAG COM settings, it can set a 'chirp' on the remote locking right?

Lock/Unlock Horn/Flash:

[Select]
[46 - Cent. Conv.] (35 - Cent. Locking for manual window cars)
[Adaptation - 10]
Channel (03..08)
Adaptation Value (1 = on, 0 = off)
[Save]

Channel 03 Auto Lock
Channel 04 Auto Unlock
Channel 05 Unlock, horn sounds
Channel 06 Lock, horn sounds
Channel 07 Unlock, turn signals flash
Channel 08 Lock, turn signals flash

and this will be handy for all the rest - http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/index.html

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.