Knocking noise cupra 300

Guyver

Feb 16, 2022
Hi guys just wondering if anyone has experienced or heard of a knocking noise from the front of the car sounds like from the suspension area. I thought it was anti rollbar links so I changed them but I'm still getting a similar noise when going over medium to big bumps, before the changed parts it was doing it every little bump. Any help greatly appreciated!

Guyver

Feb 16, 2022
Could it be the exhaust heatshield clips? They tend to rot away. I’m having a similar issue on my Cupra 280.
Ah okay I'll take a look, I had my brother change the drop links as he used to work for audi and he thought the sound was them but he's stumped now that I've said they didn't cure the problem.

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
I have a similar issue to yourself, but mine isn’t so bad. I hear a knocking sound when going over large bumps, or turning whilst driving on a bumpy road. It’s not every bump. I thought it was an issue with a damper, as this fault light came on. I had that repaired. But still the problem persisted. I think it’s either the exhaust clips, or engine mounts. I haven’t checked either of those yet. Sounds like you have a similar issue.

Guyver

Feb 16, 2022
I have a similar issue to yourself, but mine isn’t so bad. I hear a knocking sound when going over large bumps, or turning whilst driving on a bumpy road. It’s not every bump. I thought it was an issue with a damper, as this fault light came on. I had that repaired. But still the problem persisted. I think it’s either the exhaust clips, or engine mounts. I haven’t checked either of those yet. Sounds like you have a similar issue.
Okay cheers for the info!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.