ko3s or hybrid

will_ainsworth

Sep 18, 2008
Plymouth, Devon
www.flickr.com
right im trying to weigh up the differences.

all i need now are:

ko3s route

ko3s, tip, map, 4bfpr

or ko3 hybrid
ko3hybrid, tip, 3'' maf, 4bfpr, injectors and map

is it worth the extra wait and extra cash to go for the ihi, also will i need to change my clutch etc...

will it be v noticable the hybrid?

anyone got graphs of each? and vids?

Last edited:

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Think your abit mixed up mate. KO3s hybrid runs KO4 internals, thats 590ish from CTR turbos, you send them a ko3/s turbo and tey give it the hybrid treatment, thnink you can get between 250-280bhp. IHI is expensive but you are looking at upwards of 300bhp, all depends on how much you want to spend.

will_ainsworth

Sep 18, 2008
Plymouth, Devon
www.flickr.com
Think your abit mixed up mate. KO3s hybrid runs KO4 internals, thats 590ish from CTR turbos, you send them a ko3/s turbo and tey give it the hybrid treatment, thnink you can get between 250-280bhp. IHI is expensive but you are looking at upwards of 300bhp, all depends on how much you want to spend.

whoops lol yeh thats what i meant! i thought ihi is hybrid? well now you know what i mean!

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
lol no worries mate. Im thinking about hybrid maybe next year once i get my brembos,suspension and ARB's all on. I think that value for money and power they are a good compromise. 595 for the hyprid itself, LCR injectors, new manni, exhaust,fmic and a few other bits and you'll have a seriously quick car!

will_ainsworth

Sep 18, 2008
Plymouth, Devon
www.flickr.com
lol no worries mate. Im thinking about hybrid maybe next year once i get my brembos,suspension and ARB's all on. I think that value for money and power they are a good compromise. 595 for the hyprid itself, LCR injectors, new manni, exhaust,fmic and a few other bits and you'll have a seriously quick car!

well i have the full turbo back system, forge fmic got to fit it tho, and i didnt think you actually needed the mani tho? but yeh the rest i need! is there a vast difference between the ko3s and hybrid?

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Ive never been in a hyrid car so i dont know really, but i'd imagine its pretty rapid! I found just the KO3>KO3S upgrade a good deal faster and very worth while. Alot of top end torque thats just not there on the KO3. There was a thread no long ago of a guy that did the hybrid.

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
If I were you I would go down the hybrid rout mate.

ko3hybrid
LCR/TT/S3 TIP
3'' maf
4bfpr depending on mapper
LCR/TT/S3 Injectors
Custom map
High flow mani if you can afford one too.

gnormy02

May 3, 2007
Yeah go hybrid, i have cuprajoes old car and it goes really well. The only thing is that you really need a new clutch and better brakes.

-pseudonymous-

Oct 28, 2005
Seems to be a bit hit or miss as to whether people run the BAM fuel pumps on these conversions? I've got one for mine

Robbie what car is your fuel pump off? Do you know if all BAM pumps will fit the Ibiza fuel tank as there appears to be variances in the part numbers i've seen.

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
I bought a BAM pump mate but tbh it was an impulse buy and I didn't look into different variants. I seem to remember Hooch saying it does require some minor modification but I'd need to search for that - perhaps someone else can confirm.

-pseudonymous-

Oct 28, 2005
Cheers mate. Would be intesting to see exactly what and how it would need modifying. May be worth paying a little extra for a Bosch 044 as Bill has recommended.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise