Lack of Leon TDI FR to be had ?? is this real or just my dealer

Ricey155

Hi all im depserate to get a new Leon LAtest spec 59 plate

the deal was done id prized my credit card from my pocket sat listen to them for 1hr +

£400 deposit and were away

NOT they tell me there's no cars to be had "this is the LISTERS Group Coventry"

is there really no FR TDI in white or red to be had in the UK ??

im miffed and peed off

treehugger

Sep 15, 2006
North Suffolk
Well i'm still waiting for mine, ordered 17th July. It was built about a week and a half ago, but no news on delivery. So I guess they are like rocking horse sh*t!

Ricey155

Gunner

to be fair im dealing with Paddy he seems a good guy, but still no joy with a car

ideally a new one as ive got a scrapage deal to be had and another motor to px

deal is good just want the dam car

Rob100

I ordered my candy white FR TDi in June and it arrived end of Sep. Mines a company car through "Zenith" leasing. I thought they were taking the p*ss when they said it would arrive at the end of Sep, but I think I was lucky with the delivery time!

It's a great car, well worth the wait!

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Hi all im depserate to get a new Leon LAtest spec 59 plate

the deal was done id prized my credit card from my pocket sat listen to them for 1hr +

£400 deposit and were away

NOT they tell me there's no cars to be had "this is the LISTERS Group Coventry"

is there really no FR TDI in white or red to be had in the UK ??

im miffed and peed off

There is a shortage of FL TDi FR's at dealers what is coming into stock is being sold quite fast and as soon as you want options end up with a factory order and 14 week wait :(

White and red especially white are quite popular choices.

SimonM

I was lucky with mine, W J King managed to get a white FR with bluetooth and 18's from another dealers stock. Still took a month for delivery though.

Mr H

Dont get me started on this!!

I was very lucky and managed to track down what i was told was the last readily available white FR TDi. It took me about 3 weeks in total but i needed to do it, as i was car-less!

There are a few at dealers, but all with names against them. I believe no new cars now til at least January. Only thing you can do is what i did and start ringing round the largest dealers in the hope you find something hidden away!!

Ricey155

looks like my FR dream is going sour

time to check other options sadly im not going to give my money to a dealer that cant sort my needs out "recession" doesnt seem to be with SEAT at the moment

Mr H

Its the same with pretty much ALL manufacturers dealers. I was told you cant get a ford fiesta til March!

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
As said after visiting various dealers BMW, Audi, VW, Seat an order placed now would not be ready untill January or March next year :(

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
It was fairly well documented that there would be a shortage of new car stock on the '59' plate, as most manufacturers had heavily cut back production

Sep 3, 2009
Walsall, West Mids
Got mine on order through the company lease scheme and its not coming until the 11th January.

Think i ordered it at the beginning of September.

The only update on the order system we use it that there has been a delay at the factory due to volume of orders.

My expectations were always a 12 week build period anyway, i suppose i am lucky that i have a leased car at the moment and that doesnt run out until the 14th January so i am in no rush to get it sorted... i might change my tune if there are further delays but the Mondeo i am in at the moment took 5 months to build / be delivered so it cant be any worse !

Ricey155

2 options ive been offered a possible 09 plate with 5.5k on it

or buy another motor from somewhere else the other car 2nd choice is actually in stock and ready to go, so with money burning holes in the pocket

might go new but not a SEAT

09 plate has no scrappage so cant get rid of the old banger saxo VTR i just want an easy life both cars gone in one hit

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
Why not place and order for the spec. you want and wait a bit - it'll be worth the wait.