Lamda senser trouble!!

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
Hi guys need some help here. have got a decat 3" exhaust and stage 3 map, now i used to get the fault code after 100 miles or so now seem to be getting it within 30.

Now what can i do, its miles away to see about getting map tweaked which i can do but havent got time, so is there anything i can do myself to solve this problem? i cant use the spacers for the exhaust as its a blueflame that was crap to be honest.

Can i put a resistor in the circuit or something similar to help it?

thanx all

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Hi guys need some help here. have got a decat 3" exhaust and stage 3 map, now i used to get the fault code after 100 miles or so now seem to be getting it within 30.

Now what can i do, its miles away to see about getting map tweaked which i can do but havent got time, so is there anything i can do myself to solve this problem? i cant use the spacers for the exhaust as its a blueflame that was crap to be honest.

Can i put a resistor in the circuit or something similar to help it?

thanx all

Why can't you use spacers rob? I cut a lambda boss of a scrap downpipe; welded it to a 15mm (ish) diameter piece of tube, cut the other end to 45 degrees and welded this to the boss on the car, insert the lambda sensor in the extension and I don't get a code for between 250-500 miles, and even then it is not a code that will bring up the cel light.

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
hi dan is due to the angle of the exhaust they have put them on the side but it then clashes with the underside of the car so its not that easy really, just wondered if anyone had a quick fix solution?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.