Lane Assist

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Yes - I've turned that off. I have the road signs displayed in the centre of the dash and it'll stay off until it reads them all properly. There is no ryme or reason to it. There is one stretch of road near my house and the car sometimes identifies it correctly as 30mph, other times it shows as 45 KPH. Bizarre
Car seems to forget he is in RHD/miles per hour country. Very bizarre. It seems such an easy thing to do.

Oct 8, 2021
You can disable the option to react to road signs/turns in the road in the options. ACC won't brake for signs then.

Not sure if it is helpful, maybe you want the ACC to drive at the speed limit - I usually drive slightly above and don't like the car braking for every sign it detects.

Cool, I’ll give that a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 8, 2021
You can disable the option to react to road signs/turns in the road in the options. ACC won't brake for signs then.

Not sure if it is helpful, maybe you want the ACC to drive at the speed limit - I usually drive slightly above and don't like the car braking for every sign it detects.

I did that this morning and my commute on the M1 seems much more relaxed. No more aggressive braking. Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Agnes.Surrey

Albie999

Sep 12, 2014
Would also like to be able to turn lane assist off. Just got my car (2 days) ago, was driving down the motorway, with ACC switched on ... in the middle lane, trying to overtake a car .. .and ACC started slowing the car down, as it "sensed" the car on the inside of me ... I had to press the accelerator to not slow down

Could not figure why it was doing this. What seemed to fix it, was to turn off lane assit, now it does not sense the car on the inside

Is this caused by Lane Assist or something else?

Bdk

Oct 11, 2022
I did some testing. Put all 4 assistants as shortcut on main screen.
View attachment 23062

But, when I switched off ignition, left the car and came back 2 minutes later, all the shortcuts defaulted to start/stop. Also it takes some time to load main screen, so you can go to car menu on the meantime and just do it from there.

And here's video when I was switching off everything from car menu and you can see system had some glitch and went back to system settings for a moment.

If you need gateway car, something more simple might be better. You jump in and driveway without checking settings or waiting for screen to initialise.
It seems now that this doesn't work anymore. When I put the Vehicle widget on desktop I can only scroll through Drive Profile, Park Assistants and Background Lighting. My software version is 1896. Anyone made it work?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
It seems now that this doesn't work anymore. When I put the Vehicle widget on desktop I can only scroll through Drive Profile, Park Assistants and Background Lighting. My software version is 1896. Anyone made it work?
Tap the small car icon in the bottom right of the screen.
Then smart assistants
Then switch them all off

Bdk

Oct 11, 2022
Tap the small car icon in the bottom right of the screen.
Then smart assistants
Then switch them all off
Right! But those are about 3 clicks and 5 seconds when with the widget method it's a click and a second. I mean it's 5 times slower if we compare.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Right! But those are about 3 clicks and 5 seconds when with the widget method it's a click and a second. I mean it's 5 times slower if we compare.
But at least you have a way to do it.

You can thank the EU clowns that make the regulations for this.
They are forcing manufacturers to make things harder to turn off. The older cars could have start/stop coded off - the formentor can't so it complies with latest Euro regs.

spezwend

Jun 23, 2023
You can change the coding with diagnostic equipment to always start with Lane Assist ON or OFF. Check the front sensor coding.

Doogle

Ageing rocker🤟🏻🎸
Nov 25, 2021
Cumbria
Morning all,
Although I've already posted a few times I will be taking delivery of my V2 on 9 April.
I have been reading that lane assist comes on automatically everytime you start the engine, I've always kept lane assist off on my other cars but just wanted to know if it's a hassle having to turn it off everytime or if anyone drives with it on without complications.
Your thoughts are much appreciated.
Personally I leave it on, I’d never experienced “Lane assist” before this car and, after reading some of the posts on here, I was VERY wary of what I thought was going to be a system that would violently shunt me back into line if I dared stray, to say I was pleasantly surprised would be an understatement, no worse than when you steer over a white line tbh so I just leave on and it’s honestly no bother, the “Anti-Collision” is imho FAR worse and scary tbh😬

Villabrand

Apr 2, 2023
Was taking the car up to Yorkshire for a few days from London and knew I would be doing a fair bit of driving, stopping at services etc. Decided to buy OBD11 and switch lane assist to keep the last setting (off). Best £40 I have ever spent. Have not done any other coding and probably won't.

The thought of having to turn it off every time I got in the car was one I could not live with. Have had lane assist try and drive me into pot holes or back onto a motorway when taking the slip road. In my opinion it is more dangerous to keep it on. If you want all these aids, and don't really want to drive the car, then get a taxi. Actually, I quite like ACC when on the motorway

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: spezwend

spezwend

Jun 23, 2023
@Villabrand Exactly my thoughts! (y) Actually you do not need OBD11 for that, any VAG diagnostic tool should be able to code it. Not SFD locked.

@Doogle Anti-Collision or Front Assist is way worse indeed. I haven't found a way to set it to remember last setting yet. :(