Lane Change Assist

CalumLewis

Oct 14, 2022
View attachment 36620

Ahh I think i get it .. it's these tiny arrows.. I think i might have seen these before. But I haven't been out since this revelation so might be wrong. So if you see these arrows you just turn indicator to which side you want to go and it will perform the lane change..?

View attachment 36621

Then once you start manoeuvre you see this.

(Grabs from a vw id4 you tube video so might be completely wrong with Formentor)
Yeah that's my understanding of it. You don't fully push the indicator so it clicks, just enough to start the turn signal and it will automatically cancel the indicator when the lane change is complete.

Reactions: bounderboy

bounderboy

Mar 21, 2023
I wonder if we are messing up naming with this thread too... Lane Change Assist seems to be what other companies might call Blind Spot Indicator and what we are talking about is I think Assisted Lane Change?

CalumLewis

Oct 14, 2022
I wonder if we are messing up naming with this thread too... Lane Change Assist seems to be what other companies might call Blind Spot Indicator and what we are talking about is I think Assisted Lane Change
I purposefully used the term Lane Change Assist as this is what Cupra use in their brochure for the Formentor:

1683191518724.png

As you can see the Blind spot monitor is named Side Assist above it.

Not very helpful from them as they do not even have the function in the latest manual but there you go.

bounderboy

Mar 21, 2023
I purposefully used the term Lane Change Assist as this is what Cupra use in their brochure for the Formentor:

View attachment 36622

As you can see the Blind spot monitor is named Side Assist above it.

Not very helpful from them as they do not even have the function in the latest manual but there you go.
Sorry you are right .. I was getting confused with so many google searches and videos - thanks for pulling back to facts :-D

bounderboy

Mar 21, 2023
Get in I have worked it out.

traffic assist on motorway - in display you see representation of three lanes.. if lanes are highlighted in grey like the lane you are in this indicates lane change available.. if black then not.

so if grey and you are wanting to change you do a soft indicate and the car initiates the move.. more often than not it told me to take over half way through manoeuvre but sometimes it did all by itself ….

Reactions: tzuicomicina

CalumLewis

Oct 14, 2022
Get in I have worked it out.

traffic assist on motorway - in display you see representation of three lanes.. if lanes are highlighted in grey like the lane you are in this indicates lane change available.. if black then not.

so if grey and you are wanting to change you do a soft indicate and the car initiates the move.. more often than not it told me to take over half way through manoeuvre but sometimes it did all by itself ….
Odd, I have never once seen the highlight. I've seen the lanes on the Travel Assist view (with cars in other lanes for example) but never once had any arrows / highlights show up.

Out of interest, are you on 1900 software or lower?

bounderboy

Mar 21, 2023
Odd, I have never once seen the highlight. I've seen the lanes on the Travel Assist view (with cars in other lanes for example) but never once had any arrows / highlights show up.

Out of interest, are you on 1900 software or lower?
This is hard to get a picture of as on a motorway I will try at some point but yes my car is less than month old and on 1900

bounderboy

Mar 21, 2023
8fa02e62-b267-40ab-83e2-478665fbd9cd.jpeg

I got a photo today on motorway

So I think orange arrows mean auto lane change available and grey lanes means you can use it - however before getting to excited it barely ever works without having to take over ! 😉

dazed

Mar 28, 2022
View attachment 36666

I got a photo today on motorway

So I think orange arrows mean auto lane change available and grey lanes means you can use it - however before getting to excited it barely ever works without having to take over ! 😉
Yup sort of worked... in so far as I got the arrows to say it was available, I flicked the indicator and got the bigger arrow and a note to tell me to check surroundings 🙄 then a very very slow lane change, now I know why I hadn't seen it before I really don't get that long to change lanes! Also thought it would plan it in relation to slower cars in my lane but no, it still braked, so overall pretty useless really 😀

Reactions: bounderboy
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.