Lane Assist

Tennis Pro

Mar 4, 2021
Morning all,
Although I've already posted a few times I will be taking delivery of my V2 on 9 April.
I have been reading that lane assist comes on automatically everytime you start the engine, I've always kept lane assist off on my other cars but just wanted to know if it's a hassle having to turn it off everytime or if anyone drives with it on without complications.
Your thoughts are much appreciated.

Reactions: Torks

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I made video showing how much time it takes to switch off all the gadgets I don't want. It took me 20s. You can switch off lane assist from stalk on the steering wheel, it's probably fastest way, if it's the only thing you want to switch off. It will take a few seconds.

I switch off: start/stop, lane assist, front assist and emergency assist. All under Car / Smart assistants menu. It's a bit like preparing to start a plane ;-)

Last edited:

Tennis Pro

Mar 4, 2021
Thanks Agnes, I think I will do the same and switch off most of the features, I'll check out your video.
All the best.

Torks

Mar 15, 2021
Manchester
Morning all,
Although I've already posted a few times I will be taking delivery of my V2 on 9 April.
I have been reading that lane assist comes on automatically everytime you start the engine, I've always kept lane assist off on my other cars but just wanted to know if it's a hassle having to turn it off everytime or if anyone drives with it on without complications.
Your thoughts are much appreciated.
There is an easy way to change the shortcut menu. First press the on screen button for the one third view (three lines) then follow the pics below.

Attachments

• 9F8BAF20-4E1C-4F64-BAB4-7F901F283C02.jpeg
    9F8BAF20-4E1C-4F64-BAB4-7F901F283C02.jpeg
    636.4 KB · Views: 1,016
  • 2664528F-7597-46EB-AB13-4315CADAAA9A.jpeg
    2664528F-7597-46EB-AB13-4315CADAAA9A.jpeg
    514 KB · Views: 983
  • D51DF5CB-F365-40B5-B483-5248D234FEE9.jpeg
    D51DF5CB-F365-40B5-B483-5248D234FEE9.jpeg
    433.9 KB · Views: 973
  • 00E271D0-54E6-4C09-94C4-DED2812FC51A.jpeg
    00E271D0-54E6-4C09-94C4-DED2812FC51A.jpeg
    458.1 KB · Views: 932
  • E7120C81-F34B-42B1-A5E2-BD6BB39BFB0F.jpeg
    E7120C81-F34B-42B1-A5E2-BD6BB39BFB0F.jpeg
    469.6 KB · Views: 1,217
Reactions: jcbmally

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I did some testing. Put all 4 assistants as shortcut on main screen.
20210324_174748.jpg

But, when I switched off ignition, left the car and came back 2 minutes later, all the shortcuts defaulted to start/stop. Also it takes some time to load main screen, so you can go to car menu on the meantime and just do it from there.

And here's video when I was switching off everything from car menu and you can see system had some glitch and went back to system settings for a moment.

If you need gateway car, something more simple might be better. You jump in and driveway without checking settings or waiting for screen to initialise.

Last edited:

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Am I right to assume that most of these settings will be able to code out using OBDEleven or something similar? I might be tempted to get a device like that just to permanently disable some of the settings.

I really dislike that manufacturers design cars that don't keep settings between restarts. I know it is most likely due to regulation but it is annoying.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Am I right to assume that most of these settings will be able to code out using OBDEleven or something similar? I might be tempted to get a device like that just to permanently disable some of the settings.

I really dislike that manufacturers design cars that don't keep settings between restarts. I know it is most likely due to regulation but it is annoying.

Very difficult to code on the new Formentor. There are new security systems implemented by VAG (called SPD I think) which makes some Control Modules locked and changes can only be made by Dealer ODIS system.

I managed to code the Soundaktor off but most things can’t be done anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tennis Pro

Mar 4, 2021
Many thanks for all of your helpful suggestions, seems to me not many people like all the safety features by default. How about a bottle of champagne for the first person to work out how to disable them permanently!
Happy to supply the champagne!

Reactions: jcbmally

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Many thanks for all of your helpful suggestions, seems to me not many people like all the safety features by default. How about a bottle of champagne for the first person to work out how to disable them permanently!
Happy to supply the champagne!
Cracked it, turn car off and don't restart it. Permanently disabled, a bottle of Moet please :cheers:

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I setup smart assistants on main screen again, and again all of them defaulted to Start/stops after car restart, as on video above. I wonder if it's glitch or by design.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2021
In many situations, Lane Assist is dangerous - particularly on country lanes or in roadworks, where Lane Assist tried steering the car towards bollards that were set up near the kerb as I went into the roadworks. For me it’s a major flaw in an otherwise very nice and safe vehicle.

Jul 27, 2021
My 'Favourite' is coming off a dual motorway and the slip road is two lanes wide - I'm never quite sure which line the car will choose to follow, How this can be considered a safety feature is beyond me.

Oct 8, 2021
My 'Favourite' is coming off a dual motorway and the slip road is two lanes wide - I'm never quite sure which line the car will choose to follow, How this can be considered a safety feature is beyond me.

I was on the motorway recently and it bizarrely picked up an adjacent side road at 40mph and decided to start braking! You’ve got to keep your senses alive when it’s activated

Jul 27, 2021
I was on the motorway recently and it bizarrely picked up an adjacent side road at 40mph and decided to start braking! You’ve got to keep your senses alive when it’s activated

Well I guess that's true - I never used to concentrate as much in my other cars as I do in this one.....sadly for the wrong reasons! Hopefully a fix will come.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Well I guess that's true - I never used to concentrate as much in my other cars as I do in this one.....sadly for the wrong reasons! Hopefully a fix will come.
You can disable the option to react to road signs/turns in the road in the options. ACC won't brake for signs then.

Not sure if it is helpful, maybe you want the ACC to drive at the speed limit - I usually drive slightly above and don't like the car braking for every sign it detects.

Jul 27, 2021
You can disable the option to react to road signs/turns in the road in the options. ACC won't brake for signs then.

Not sure if it is helpful, maybe you want the ACC to drive at the speed limit - I usually drive slightly above and don't like the car braking for every sign it detects.
Yes - I've turned that off. I have the road signs displayed in the centre of the dash and it'll stay off until it reads them all properly. There is no ryme or reason to it. There is one stretch of road near my house and the car sometimes identifies it correctly as 30mph, other times it shows as 45 KPH. Bizarre

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.