Lane departure warning on FR?

Jdt020471

Dec 11, 2021
Just wondering if the lane departure warning is standard on the vanilla FR? I have a 1.5 (130) FR Estate which does not have the wrap around dash lights, so not sure if mine had the LDW?

Jdt020471

Dec 11, 2021
Yes i have lane assist (moves the steering wheel for you) but i meant the blind spot warning, what Seat call lane departure warning.

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
Side assist/Exit assist is available in Safety and Driving pack L and XL in the UK

Deleted member 123864

The wraparound dash lighting is a pre-requisite for BLIS so if you don't have it you can't have BLIS.

Zoidberg

Apr 20, 2021
Denmark
Or hold on to the steering wheel while driving? :oops:

To be fair, though, it is a really good tip. In fact, I would suggest to use it even if you do have the side assist.

Reactions: Seriously?

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Or hold on to the steering wheel while driving? :oops:

To be fair, though, it is a really good tip. In fact, I would suggest to use it even if you do have the side assist.
Yep, it's all too easy to rely on the tech too much. A friend of mine was reverse parking his car and once in the space, decided that the front was hanging out a bit too much. As he was on a downhill slope, he let the handbrake off to allow gravity to do it's bit and waited for the parking sensors to tell him he was close enough to the brick wall.....it might have been a good idea to have selected reverse first rather than have a crunching noise tell him he'd gone far enough.:doh: