LCR Anyone Tried Forge Recirculation and Blow Off Valve. Woosh Noise?

kwan88

Jan 18, 2003
Slough
Visit site
About 1 year ago I posted the question if it was possible to make the woosh noise from the wastegate on the LCR. Almost everyone said it is not possible. Looking at the Forge website today I noticed the below:

Recirculation and Blow Off Valve

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=1305DV&product=FMDVSPLTR

According to the website you get all the noise of the blow off valve whilst retaining the compatibility with the recirculation requirements of the engine management system.

Has ayone tried this? And is it hard to fit.

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
kwan88- I had this fitted to my LCR for about 2 days! I had an AMD remap a panel filter and the Forge Splitter R DV fitted all at once. It sounded nice when the boost built up and you quickly let off the throttle. However, i wasn't very impressed with the AMD map, so i ended up getting it taken off with a refund.

I kept the splitter R dv and filter on and drove home. The whole way home, i was thinking "this is reaaalllyy slow!". I mean slower than before it was mapped.

Now my boost gauge wasn't working properly at this point, so i assumed it may have been that, however when i got home, i replaced the vac pipe for the boost gauge, and went for a spin. I soon discovered that for the 1st 2mins the car was on it boosted properly to about 10psi like it used to, however then it would only peak at 4psi until the car was turned off and on again.

I was told this was a boost leak and to check my pipes etc...checked them, only to find they were all fine.

I put vag-com on the car, and found a fault code saying "Pressure drop between throttle valve and turbo (Check DV!)". So i then thought, i wonder if its the DV causing the problems. I put the standard bosch thing back on, and hey presto....problem solved! The DV was sent back immediately for a refund, although i'm still waiting for the money back! grrr!

After thinking about it, i have come to the conclusion that if the splitter dv was causing problems without the map...it was probably causing problems with the map as well, but due to the increase in boost, the car didn't "see" any problems.

So i was probably dissapointed with the remap, because the dv was causing problems, but i won't know until i get the map put back on...which won't be until the new year as the money has been spent elsewhere now.

I would recommend getting a forge 007p like most seem to suggest. This engine clearly doesn't like any kind of atmospheric dv!

Jan 3, 2006
East Kilbride
Yes plenty of people have tried it! Some guys like it, some guys have had running issues with them including myself!

Is it worth the money...? Nah i wouldn't say so!

Just buy a Forge 007p

caveo

dont belive that it cant cause your engine warnig light to come on , mine did due to it being set up too loose so be warned

Jul 8, 2007
I got one on my lcr an no prob at all now, had a to fine tube it to the car after a few turns no more limp mode just whossss

caveo

im a tad disapointed wi the noise and if it dont get any louder when i get my ihi kit ill be going back to full re-circ mode.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Iv got one , had no real problems now its set up.:)
Its not very loud but should be louder when i get it mapped

Becks

ExtremeBlue&CandyWhite
Apr 22, 2007
Blantyre
www.facebook.com
It must be great to be all seeing and all knowing and be able to knock people down with your lowest form of wit!!

C'mon guys answer a genuine question with a genuine answer even if it seems obvious to the majority.

kez

Jan 29, 2007
Dewsbury, West Yorkshire
It must be great to be all seeing and all knowing and be able to knock people down with your lowest form of wit!!

C'mon guys answer a genuine question with a genuine answer even if it seems obvious to the majority.

what? more obvious than using the search function? or looking in the forge section?

the OP has been here long enough to know about both.

:rolleyes:

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
beck if you have been here a year ago you should be fully aware of the site funcions.
This question has been asked to death and if you had used the search function you would have seen this so this is the reason to the hostility to you as you have not tried.

However this dv is a very complicated and clever biece of technologhy however if you do not know what you are doing i would advised getting it fitted professionally or dont get it at all as it does take a certain level of knowledge to set it up.

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
kwan88- I had this fitted to my LCR for about 2 days! I had an AMD remap a panel filter and the Forge Splitter R DV fitted all at once. It sounded nice when the boost built up and you quickly let off the throttle. However, i wasn't very impressed with the AMD map, so i ended up getting it taken off with a refund.

I kept the splitter R dv and filter on and drove home. The whole way home, i was thinking "this is reaaalllyy slow!". I mean slower than before it was mapped.

Now my boost gauge wasn't working properly at this point, so i assumed it may have been that, however when i got home, i replaced the vac pipe for the boost gauge, and went for a spin. I soon discovered that for the 1st 2mins the car was on it boosted properly to about 10psi like it used to, however then it would only peak at 4psi until the car was turned off and on again.

I was told this was a boost leak and to check my pipes etc...checked them, only to find they were all fine.

I put vag-com on the car, and found a fault code saying "Pressure drop between throttle valve and turbo (Check DV!)". So i then thought, i wonder if its the DV causing the problems. I put the standard bosch thing back on, and hey presto....problem solved! The DV was sent back immediately for a refund, although i'm still waiting for the money back! grrr!

After thinking about it, i have come to the conclusion that if the splitter dv was causing problems without the map...it was probably causing problems with the map as well, but due to the increase in boost, the car didn't "see" any problems.

So i was probably dissapointed with the remap, because the dv was causing problems, but i won't know until i get the map put back on...which won't be until the new year as the money has been spent elsewhere now.

I would recommend getting a forge 007p like most seem to suggest. This engine clearly doesn't like any kind of atmospheric dv!

dave i can pretty much garrentee that there was not fault or problem with the dv however i can say im pretty sure that the problem did lye with how the dv was set up as this is tell tale signes that the spring tension was too soft there for not capable of hlding the pressure from your remap

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
well in which case we can blame big boys toys, as i got them to set it up etc...oh well i could do with the refund any way seeing as xmas is near lol.

Skorchio

600 Miles to a tank :)
Jan 23, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
Yeh you need to set it up correctly. I have one and you need to fine tune it do it don't go in to limp mode. Once its setup correctly tho it don't sound much differnt to a 007 :p Infact when i fitted it i was SOOO disopointed. Until i fitted my Dynatwist. Now its LOVERLY :D (without remap). Just goes to show practically all the noise comes from the reserc side as it echoes throught the filter.

But i think its a nicer looking valve that the 007 especially with the cold side kit. If you get problems just block off the trumpet with the supplied blanking plug.

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
ive got to say that my Forge Split R is extremely loud. Almost Subaru like. It seemed to echo more, when i took the sound deadening off. Im more than happy.