Lcr decat = pop and bang?

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
yeah its getting the centre silencer removed aswell so should be slightly louder but not too loud i hope

I have centre silencer removed, decat and p-torque map - still doesn't pop much; the odd one but quite muffled. The rear box is the problem - a free flowing aftermarket box will help alot.

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
Ahh I see, thanks :)

I didn't realise that OEM silencers were that restrictive.

This I why I have a post in the wanted section for a spare backbox - hack it open with and angle grinder, adjust the baffles and weld back together - OEM looking exhaust with more noise and less restriction.

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
Sounds like a good idea, I take it that you will weld straight pipe in between between the entrance and exit?

My current plan is to have some sort of movable baffle system, so I can have quiet or loud. I'd need to see inside the box before committing to a design though. I have run without the backbox on before and it was horrendously loud; too loud for all the time, but okay for tooling around back roads :)

splitpin

Nov 22, 2009
I read somewhere that somebody was making an exhaust valve so you could divert around the rear box and then back through it at the flick of a switch?

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
yea, they are around, but that means dumping exhaust gases under the car somewhere.. I'd rather have them come out of the exhaust tip with a device similar to that inside the silencer.

forever

Aug 5, 2003
Visit site
so if i put a decat on my LCR which has a stage 2 map, which also has a miltek cat back i would get pops and bangs :), might be worth a laugh my old Evo had this mapped in but used the SAS system, it was great huge flames out the back :)

JamJay

California Bound
good call, again i had the turbo back 3" system on the Evo, i did not think that was a done mod on the LCR??

:yes:

A full turboback system is recommened for the LCR at Stage 2. Either 3" all the way through or 3" DP and decat/sports cat into 2.75" cat-back. The DP on the LCR is a huge restriction, as well as the manifold but that doesn't cause problems until you go hybrid turbo or big turbo 300+bhp.

forever

Aug 5, 2003
Visit site
ok so were to get one from? Is it an easy fit? I did the evo myself? and then got my mapper to remap.
do they come up second hand...

JamJay

California Bound
ok so were to get one from? Is it an easy fit? I did the evo myself? and then got my mapper to remap.
do they come up second hand...

You can contact Blueflame or Pipewerx, they should be able to supply you one or make you one up seeing as you already have the decat. I think the forum sponser Awesome GTi deals with both companies.

On the other hand, I think Piper make one but they are very expensive.

DJ-LIAMC

VAGisclean
May 31, 2009
Loughborough
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.