LCR gearbox code ???

stewbie55

No longer a Newbie
Aug 12, 2006
Help Please!!!

I'm about to order a Peloquin diff for my LCR but they have asked for the transmission code from the gearbox, apparently there may be some changes in later boxes and mine is a 2005.

I know the gearbox type should be an 02M, but they've asked for the number from the top of the box itself.

Now I have looked under the bonnet and there seems to be a plate on the gearbox just infront of where the cable linkages are. However I cannot read the number as its dirty and partly obscured by other bits.

I have looked on the sticker in the boot and in the Service manual but can't see a gearbox code here (not even a reference to 02M). Is it shown on this label and if so which one is it? :confused:

I can see the Engine code BAM and paint code :D

stewbie55

No longer a Newbie
Aug 12, 2006
Thanks Kez, but I can't see any reference to that code either on the build option sticker.

Think I'll try and get a better look at the gearbox tomorrow, and maybe give the plate a clean with something and see if I can read it.

kez

Jan 29, 2007
Dewsbury, West Yorkshire
if it's any help, here's a pic of my build certificate (first page in the maintenance manual)

my gearbox code is the one to the right of the engine code (FZQ)

codes.jpg

stewbie55

No longer a Newbie
Aug 12, 2006
if it's any help, here's a pic of my build certificate (first page in the maintenance manual)

my gearbox code is the one to the right of the engine code (FZQ)

codes.jpg

Thanks Kez, thats interesting, mine is blank after the BAM code!! Maybe my gearbox is missing? :lol:

Like yours I then have the paint code and the letters GX.

On the line above instead of LEON, I have:

LE-N 1.8 20V
CUP-R4P154 M56C6M

was wondering if the M56C6M was something to do with it?

:confused:

stewbie55

No longer a Newbie
Aug 12, 2006
Sorted!!!

My gearbox is definitely still there.

Cleaned off the gearbox plate and the first three letters are FZQ

thanks Kez.

Jun 1, 2007
Help Please!!!

I'm about to order a Peloquin diff for my LCR but they have asked for the transmission code from the gearbox, apparently there may be some changes in later boxes and mine is a 2005.

I know the gearbox type should be an 02M, but they've asked for the number from the top of the box itself.

Now I have looked under the bonnet and there seems to be a plate on the gearbox just infront of where the cable linkages are. However I cannot read the number as its dirty and partly obscured by other bits.

I have looked on the sticker in the boot and in the Service manual but can't see a gearbox code here (not even a reference to 02M). Is it shown on this label and if so which one is it? :confused:

I can see the Engine code BAM and paint code :D

how much and were are you getting you Peloquin diff if you dont mind me asking

stewbie55

No longer a Newbie
Aug 12, 2006
Barnsley,

I'm talking to a guy called Peter at Thescirocco.com

He' quoted me $925 including shipping to the UK. At todays exchange rates that's £458. They are in stock at Peloquin so once he's checked my code should get it fairly quickly :)

IbizaAlex

AKS tuning
May 11, 2008
Bedford
The code that Peloquins will use is 02M. The code that dealers use is FZQ. Its in your service book and in the boot.

speedinsaxo

Jun 7, 2003
Visit site
Thanks for your help.
I did not find it in the service book, or in the boot, but did manage to find the plate on the gearbox top and clean it off suficiently to read what I think is FZQ. I will use that.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise