Visit site
LCR just been revo'ed * NOW with RR graphs*

Just had the following done at JKM in Portsmouth:

Revo
SPS2
007P
Forge Short shift
Powerflex dogbone engine mount.

I was initially surprised at the vibrations in the cabin from the fitting of the donbone mount, but kind of like it, feels more sporty almost. When pulling off in 1st there is a much more throaty noise as you let the clutch out. Revo is good, car pulls much more cleanly and the turbo whistles a lot more, esp. in 4th gear. The short shifter is nice, not to notchy and very precise. Not too sure what diference the valve has made, just probably wont fail like the plastic one would...

Overall these few mods have transformed my car. It feels more sporty, more connected to the road and obviously much more eager and quick. Highly recommended. Will get the RR graphs up Sunday, it made 209bhp standard and 246 with revo. Always run on V power.

John

Last edited:

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Nope, that power is about spot on. It's only optimistic rolling roads, idiots, and Revo's marketing crap that make people think the LCR hits 260 with a simple remap. 250ish is about spot on for both 210's and 225's :yes:
And you're definitely not the first 225 to actually have less than 222bhp (the 225 is a PS measurement anyway)

The Dogbone mount will settle down over the next few hundred miles. I had mine fitted by JKM and at first I found the same as you, but now it's not much different to standard, in terms of vibration :)

speedinsaxo

Jun 7, 2003
Visit site
I'm not worried about the vibrations, I know it will settle down. Car feels much more planted on the road, amazing the difference...
Can't wait to get the ARBs fitted ! AND the HIDS..

Lee M

I'm not worried about the vibrations, I know it will settle down. Car feels much more planted on the road, amazing the difference...
Can't wait to get the ARBs fitted ! AND the HIDS..

Hi mate,

Slightly off topic..........glad to see your enjoying the REVO, a map really brings the car alive :)

Quick question, was you recommended to get the dog bone mount with your map? As I have a CC map and i'm still running the standard dog bone mount. I don't suffer with any vibration or wheel hop with my car as its a pretty smooth power delivery. Is the wheel hop the only reason?

Cheers for your help mate

Lee

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
you wont get much wheel hop with the tcs on as it kills the power to the wheels and i think thats half the point of the uprated bushes. it should allow you to deliver more power from launch with the tcs on and wheel hop less with the tcs off. someone please correct me if im wrong.

speedinsaxo

Jun 7, 2003
Visit site
Hi mate,

Slightly off topic..........glad to see your enjoying the REVO, a map really brings the car alive :)

Quick question, was you recommended to get the dog bone mount with your map? As I have a CC map and i'm still running the standard dog bone mount. I don't suffer with any vibration or wheel hop with my car as its a pretty smooth power delivery. Is the wheel hop the only reason?

Cheers for your help mate

Lee

The dog bone mount is recommended map or no map. I was getting wheel hop, with TCS on, with it off you just wheel spin.. Now with the new bush the whole front end of the car sems more planted and it has not hopped yet, but I have not given it full beans in 1st yet as it was wet - 1st time I've wheel spun in 4th tho :)
For the amount it costs I would definately get it done.

Patrick_LCR

Revo remap

When i bought my 03 plate LCR (210) it had a revo remap, other than that completely standard, it went on Chipped UK rolling road and made 248bhp

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
tbh, your car seems to make good power all through the revs, so 246bhp ain't all that bad, as said the car makes the jump that was quoted, so enjoy it matey!

speedinsaxo

Jun 7, 2003
Visit site
The vibration has settled down now.
How can I take a maf reading with vagcom? The tuner said nothing was wrong with the car, no fault codes, it just made less than 225. Never had any problems with the car so I don't think anything is wrong...

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
Run the bottlom left buttom, can't remember what its called but its live monitoring and you can save it and post results!
Don't know what it should be tho!

speedsix

Leon Cupra R 225
Oct 30, 2004
The vibration has settled down now.
How can I take a maf reading with vagcom? The tuner said nothing was wrong with the car, no fault codes, it just made less than 225. Never had any problems with the car so I don't think anything is wrong...

Just because there's no fault codes doesn't mean you might not have an iffy maf. Have you got vag-com and a cable?

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
ah this old question....

here goes....

official cable with software can be bought from ross tech:
http://www.ross-tech.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=VAGCOM

alternatively you can buy a cheap cable off ebay (like me and many others) and test it with the free version of vag-com (available from the ross-tech website)

i got my ebay cable from here:
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/alpha-bid

once you have tested the cable you can purchase a license for the full version of vag-com from the ross-tech site if you so wish.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members