LCR-like

Wilfrid Maximus

Hi all,
as you presumably know I'm running a yellow fully specced Cupra'09.
It does has some mods as APR full exhaust and K&N CAI though not chipped.
What I plan is to sell my car in next half a year. And order another Seat Leon...Cupra.!
why again the same car? i'm not fully satisfied with the current one as it used to be a demo thus squeling too much, having a hatch that prevents me from sitting straight with a helmet on "due" to my height (190 cm).
So i'm going to enter the same river the second time with the following specs (and then i'll tell you abouth planned mods and ask questions):
1. speed blue color as the only interesting today (R.I.P. orange and kiwi)
2. alcantara seats for the arse to be held better in corners))
3. xenons
4. navi and parking-rain-light sensors package
5. negro wheels

Been cupraing for 1,5 years now I know better what I want from of this car both to get more at track-days (RHHCC (a thread is in motorsport section) for example) and to please my eye:D

Here are my planned mods and questions:
1. UK R's diffuser, rear spoiler and seat covers. As long as LCR is impossible to order in Russia I would like to make it look alike. This is the point when I need your assistance, folks, partucularly partnumbers for these things! moreover, any advice on retrofitting them is appreciated! how are diffuser and spoiler installed? glued, screwed? is it really possible to retrofit R's seat covers. I hate this color dissonance between black front bumper and silly plastic rear skirt. and add glossy seat covers to finish up the looks.

2. RNS 510. i have one now and can't imagine myself driving a stock radio car cause without a big display Leon's interior is uninspiring. i will have a 310 packeged but want to sell it and install a 510. will it function properly? has anyone around fitted a510 in a FL? will wheel's buttons work?

3. R17 lighter forged wheels cause roads we have are much worse than in any other country and riding 18's proves too much for the wallet) as i have a secret plan to visit UK next year I thougt of TD pro 1.2 to buy here. i know that everybody has them but still, do you agree one this choice? btw, these alloys would be unique if driven in Russia (no TD here at all!).

4. Full exhaust. no issues here cause I already have one. the only difference is that i want to make an R-like central exhaus which means making a custom catback but it's a piece of cake!

5. CAI. i would choose Forge twintake as it of the same diameter as the OEM one, if i have the correct info. am i right? my inention is to make the MAF sensor work correctly. and of course it has a Cupra modified edition so no mo mods necessary. is it louder than a K&N CAI??

6. Eibach sportline spring to lower the car.

7. DBA brake discs. what would you say? could anyone give the partnumbers for them? are there only front tuning rotors, what about rears?

8. Ferodo DS 2500 brake pads all around. on Ferodo site i managed to find only front pads' pn...maybe there are some substitutes to ferodo that can be applied to both cupras axes?..

9. Forge's oil cather. where will i put the can? pics welcomed!)

10. armored brake hoses. i know that R32's ones are suitable. could anyone provide a link to such stuff.

11. Forge's intercooler. or APR's one. which performs better,is easier to install?

12. A shortshifter. no matter the brand.

13. an LSD. is it costly to install? what the procedure in general?

14. polyutherane to suspension. engine and gearbox mounts. and WALK. i read the thread on this but can't find a link to it no more...

15. some smaller stuff as sound- and vibro-isolation and other interior tweaks.

i know implementation of all this is the matter of at least half a year, but i really need to prepare for it know, study all the details so that i'll be ready beforehand when time comes to business.

Cheers, mates!
Sorry for being so talkative, but i really need your help! Thanks!

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
Hi there and welcome to SCN. I can shed some light on a few things.

I believe Milltek will be developing an exhaust for the R, so its just a case of waiting for it to appear.
I run a Forge twintake and yes they are way louder than K+N. I also run the Twintercooler and i think its a very efficient mod and much easier to fit than others on the market. I have a BSH catch can and it works well, although the Forge unit has the bling factor. Engine mounts are a matter of choice really. BSH do a nice kit, i run VF engineering mounts and have no complaints. WALK has helped me but others say its a waste of money...personal choice i suppose. I run Eibach sportlines and find the ride very good without being too harsh. Coilovers are better but i can,t see the need for them if its just a road car.

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
Hi Wilfrid, welcome to SCN.

I am no expert but will do my best on the things I have some knowledge on.

If I understand correctly you are also looking for places you can buy the modifications for your new car from, is that correct?

I have provided many links to sites that typically people from the UK use to buy their products from but also to sites that appear to support other languages and ship to Russia! :clap:

1. UK R's diffuser, rear spoiler and seat covers. As long as LCR is impossible to order in Russia I would like to make it look alike. This is the point when I need your assistance, folks, partucularly partnumbers for these things! moreover, any advice on retrofitting them is appreciated! how are diffuser and spoiler installed? glued, screwed? is it really possible to retrofit R's seat covers. I hate this color dissonance between black front bumper and silly plastic rear skirt. and add glossy seat covers to finish up the looks.
Sorry I am not knowledgeable on this. I do however believe the spoiler are glued. I remember seeing some posts on the particular glue that people recommend and to strap the spoiler on tight to allow to set for 24 hours. Try searching for some additional help on this

2. RNS 510. i have one now and can't imagine myself driving a stock radio car cause without a big display Leon's interior is uninspiring. i will have a 310 packeged but want to sell it and install a 510. will it function properly? has anyone around fitted a510 in a FL? will wheel's buttons work?
I am not 100% sure and you may need to check this further. If the connections are the same type CAN-BUS them I think it can be done without problems to the multifunction steering wheel. I would suggest therefore removing the RNS-510 from your car and replacing it with a standard MFD2 radio before you sell

3. R17 lighter forged wheels cause roads we have are much worse than in any other country and riding 18's proves too much for the wallet) as i have a secret plan to visit UK next year I thougt of TD pro 1.2 to buy here. i know that everybody has them but still, do you agree one this choice? btw, these alloys would be unique if driven in Russia (no TD here at all!).
These are a very popular choice for lightweight alloys and many have had them and recommend. Demon Tweeks will ship these to Russia :) http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Perfo.../Team_Dynamics_Pro_Race_1.2/2100/6567/0/40711

4. Full exhaust. no issues here cause I already have one. the only difference is that i want to make an R-like central exhaus which means making a custom catback but it's a piece of cake!
You can buy pre-made central exit after market exhausts from Milltek or Blueflame for the Cupra. You will just need to buy a 'non-cut' rear bumper panel and cut accordingly
5. CAI. i would choose Forge twintake as it of the same diameter as the OEM one, if i have the correct info. am i right? my inention is to make the MAF sensor work correctly. and of course it has a Cupra modified edition so no mo mods necessary. is it louder than a K&N CAI??
This is a good choice and will be louder. Again many others available
6. Eibach sportline spring to lower the car.
Just buying the springs along will put extra stress on the dampers, especially if you are using the car on track days. However, many people on these forum have added just the springs to the standard dampers without any problems and done several thousand miles so I would not expect this to be a problem in the short term. The Eibach Sprtlines come highly recommended
7. DBA brake discs. what would you say? could anyone give the partnumbers for them? are there only front tuning rotors, what about rears?
It is a popular understanding that the standard brake discs do not need changing, they handle over 100 bhp increase without much problem and some people who have fitted other brake discs have said they notice little or no difference. Personally I would stick with the standard brakes to start with
8. Ferodo DS 2500 brake pads all around. on Ferodo site i managed to find only front pads' pn...maybe there are some substitutes to ferodo that can be applied to both cupras axes?..
As above. However, the DS2500 is a good track/fast road pad. Also Demon Tweeks offer these and ship to Russia. I suggest contact them direct
9. Forge's oil cather. where will i put the can? pics welcomed!)
http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/listing/126/oil-catch-tank?show=all&supplier=1
10. armored brake hoses. i know that R32's ones are suitable. could anyone provide a link to such stuff.
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Performance/Brakes/Brake_Line_Kits/618
11. Forge's intercooler. or APR's one. which performs better,is easier to install?
APR is expensive, so is Forge but both good. I would personally look at the THS one, this is a direct replacement to the existing one but this is just a matter of choice. See this link it covers them all! - http://www.jkm.org.uk/performance/tfsiintercoolers.htm
12. A shortshifter. no matter the brand.
Forge do a short-shifter which I think is the best out there and recommended. I know myself that there is a BIG reach in the gate changing from one gear to the next! JBS do not appear to have it on their websire (only MK4 platform but am sure they do it)
13. an LSD. is it costly to install? what the procedure in general?
costly to buy and I think expensive to install (A garage would charge for around 10 hours work to do this! However, Many people claim this is the first handling mod you should do if you have the money as transforms the car. I think the Wavtrac diff is the one people tend to recommend - http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/pro...tial-for-02q-transmission-6-speed-2wd-not-dsg
14. polyutherane to suspension. engine and gearbox mounts. and WALK. i read the thread on this but can't find a link to it no more...
I started a thread on this recently and have just purchased - THS Performance FR3 Engine mount set (engine, gearbox and torque mounts) - http://www.jkm.org.uk/performance/tfsimotormounts.htm#tfsi
The WALK kit and additional Front Wishbone Front Inner bushes to support the WALK. I would suggest you also look at adding uprated front and rear ARBs (Anti-roll bars) too - http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/product/1358/anti-roll-bar-kit-front-rear
Some have mention upgrading the control arms as well to one from the Audi TT for extra control and handling

15. some smaller stuff as sound- and vibro-isolation and other interior tweaks.
I have no knowledge on sound systems and isolation and have not as yet made any interior tweaks :)

I hope some of this help, if you want more information let me know :)

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.