LCR .. twin fans

Mukkyman

Jul 1, 2007
Followed Muttly's guide almost to the letter and it works a treat. Only difference was that i had a extra bolt to remove behind the battery that was fixed to the airbox. The hard part was putting the fan controller back under the tray!

Thanks for the guide hope the new controller will last :)

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
well it is all fitted and i have slow fans back again:funk:
Did have 1 small issue that i plumbed it all in but it wouldnt work, checked connections etc and the connector inside the fuse onto the wire was not attatched just slipped over the end, once crimped on, worked a treat, nice nad easy to fit as well, after i took half my engine bay appart, but the air filter needed doing etc, and i got carried away cleaning!

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
After ordering a unit from these guys last week as the slow speed fans in the Mk4 Golf were not working I thought I would have a go at installing tonight - took my time and a couple of hours later (takes ages getting the plastic bits all back in the right place!) its all working great, slow speed fans are now working again.

Quite expensive I thought for what was involved but a lot cheaper than the real fix so I can't really complain.

Well done for taking the time out to make a fix, thankyou.

OFI

Sep 5, 2007
Salisbury
From reading this thread i'm pretty sure i've found the source of my loud fan in the mornings.

I was wondering has anyone else tried to make their own PWM to fit? Whilst the £85 is a huge saving over replacing the fan units, if you've got 'The Knack' you should be able to make one cheap.

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
From reading this thread i'm pretty sure i've found the source of my loud fan in the mornings.

I was wondering has anyone else tried to make their own PWM to fit? Whilst the £85 is a huge saving over replacing the fan units, if you've got 'The Knack' you should be able to make one cheap.

I though it was pretty expensive for what it is but I think the maker knows this, good piece of kit though and it works so take the plunge - easier.

OFI

Sep 5, 2007
Salisbury
I though it was pretty expensive for what it is but I think the maker knows this, good piece of kit though and it works so take the plunge - easier.

The guy who makes them on the site has kindly published the circuit diagram and instructions but is offering the service of making them for people at a nice profit :p

I work in an electronics lab so it would seem a little silly to pay someone to build something I could do in a quiet morning ;)

If you can't build one yourself then £85 sounds like an ideal solution to save over £200 replacing the fans!

Rebecca

The guy who makes them on the site has kindly published the circuit diagram and instructions but is offering the service of making them for people at a nice profit :p

I work in an electronics lab so it would seem a little silly to pay someone to build something I could do in a quiet morning ;)

If you can't build one yourself then £85 sounds like an ideal solution to save over £200 replacing the fans!
Thanks OFI, that sums it up exactly. It's the hours that my hubby spends in the garage at weekends that leads to the price. Not forgetting VAT of course.

However, we have taken all of the comments about the price on board, and there is now a kit available on our site as well, for anyone who feels that they would rather save money and make one themselves. Info here: https://www.nime.co.uk/nimeshop/showitem.f?itm=23

Just to warn you though, anything ordered this week will not be shipped until Monday 12th as we have had a few orders in the past couple of weeks and all of our stock has been used up until the weekend.

All best wishes

Rebecca

Rebecca

Do you do one for the 4motion Golf, as I know its slightly different?
Hi there

My husband originally designed this unit for his Golf, as you can probably tell from the website. However I have just checked with him (he's the expert on cars in our house ;) ) and he told me that someone has already fitted one of the units to a 4motion golf 2.8 (hope that makes sense as it's just what he said quickly down the phone)... anyway it worked perfectly on that car.

Needless to say if you had any issues with the unit not working you could send it back for a full refund, but my husband doesn't think this would be an issue at all.

All best wishes

Rebecca

daveyboy02

Hi, just placed an order for one of these kits from NIME as my fans keep coming on randomly as mentioned previous. Had a look under the bonnet to see whether the low speed fan works after reading this thread and surprise surprise it doesn't! The guide looks ok though so fingers crossed I can fit it and not destroy my new car!
Hello to everyone by the way as I'm a new member - I have a red 04 plate LCR which is lovely!

Rebecca

Hi, just placed an order for one of these kits from NIME as my fans keep coming on randomly as mentioned previous. Had a look under the bonnet to see whether the low speed fan works after reading this thread and surprise surprise it doesn't! The guide looks ok though so fingers crossed I can fit it and not destroy my new car!
Hello to everyone by the way as I'm a new member - I have a red 04 plate LCR which is lovely!
Hi David

Welcome to the forum.

Your unit will be shipped on Monday. I have just been ordering components!

:)

Rebecca

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.