LCR wishbone rebushing guide

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Yes i did to start off with and ran 3 degrees of negative per wheel and above 60 the car was horrible to drive and so unstable

lcrsammy

May 4, 2011
berks
Ok, that doesn't sound nice, was that with poly's or oem bushes?

What camber did you end up with/find the best compromise?

Sammy

Feb 28, 2010
Southampton
Hi, im also doing this conversion - very good guide :)

apart from the wishbone and hub what else do i need? can you post some piccies up of all the parts i need as i will know them to look at :D

Thank youuuuu

Andy

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
Not sure if the installation instructions with the Powerflex bushes have been updated, but looking at a recent set it says to install the larger lip of the rear bush against the radiussed edge of the wishbone.

This means that one bush has the larger lip on the top side, the other has it on the bottom as that is how the cast wishbones have the radius.

Just that any pictures I've seen of poly'd LCR wishbones have them both done the same way.

Anybody got a new set to compare?

tom t

Feb 12, 2011
can anyone expand on slimy's method of changing his bushes? think i get the gist of it.

Batesy86

Aug 26, 2013
With a hydraulic press can the old ones including sleeves be pushed out or does it still need cutting and beating?

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
The rears can be pressed out easily, however the fronts are at a strange angle with nothing to brace against so unfortunately not

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Ive done a few sets now and can remove and refit all four bushes in under a couple of hours
I would recommend in drilling some of the rubber out as well to make it easier

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
Just use a 5mm drill bit and drill through the aluminium casing of the bush, at worst you'll make a tiny scuff mark in the cast iron of the arm. You use the drill to do what the hacksaw does when you're cutting it. Then the entire thing just knocks out with two taps of a hammer.

No need for fire, hacksaws, or spending hours taking them out ;)

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
That would be handy I can't picture what you mean

Here you go:

Couple of small holes is all you see from this side -

F33F1D9B-orig.jpg

To create a nice channel down the side and release the pressure on the bush shell -

AE6698D2-orig.jpg

And it is literally 2-3 whacks with a hammer and the whole thing is out, debushed in under 5 mins a side. ;)

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
If you're lucky I rebushed a couple of sets that are borderline welded in after being in so long and corroding

FASTER

Feb 18, 2005
Nottingham
hi mate great guide.

When fitting the large flat polybush on the rear im assuming the larger flange/rim sits to the bottom resting on the sub frame? can you confirm this?

Cheers

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise