LCR Won't Start When Cold

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Not Starting Again

Well, I thought we'd found the solution, but what we actually found was just another problem. Couldn't start the car again this morning, no matter what I tried. As far as I'm concerned the car can go back now. I've only had it since Saturday and this is just no good enough

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
has the garage checked the ecu for any faults? do quick fit or ats offer a battery test? need to confirm if the battery is ok.

if it was an intermittant immobiliser/ or shorting electrical issue i would imagine the ecu would log it as a fault.

hope they get it sorted

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Just spoke to the garage again, and they said I was told the wrong 'fix' yesterday. Apparently I need to just not turn the ignition to the stop; that's what the problem is. So I need to try it again when I get it home. If it works then I'm taking it to a friend with VAG-Com to see if there are any faults logged on the ECU and it's going to the garage tomorrow (fingers crossed)

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
I got the car to start yesterday morning but it required some really fine adjustment to the position of the key in the barrel. I went straight to the dealers afterwards and they sent me down the road to their mechanic. He replaced the ignition switch but only because it's all he could think that it could be, rather than knowing that the fault was there. As a result we couldn't know whether it was fixed or not until this morning.

I went out to the car at 5:20am this morning and tried to start it, and it fired up first time. Phew, thank God for that! Whether it was faulty, needed reseating or the contacts cleaning, who knows, but the fault was definitely with the ignition switch, and it seems to be fixed now.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members