LCR's in scotland

willfal

Did scotland ever get this model of leon? i'm begining to wonder....

Autotrader, pistonheads even fleebay.. finding one in scotland for under 11k is looking impossible. I really want one...:cry: but i just dont think i can handle the travel involved in getting one. :(

I live way way up north, as far as you can bloomin get! so i'm looking at a full days travel if i find one in scotland... LOL.! or 2 days travel anywhere else.

I did find one LCR 210 in glasgow all mod'd up but 11k and 76tho miles... bit much i'd have thought??

Does anyone plan on selling theirs soon? does anyone actually own one??

Will

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
LOL, you say it like Scotland is a foreign country:lol:

There are plenty scottish owners with LCR's mate:) Your just not looking hard enough;)

You can easily get on a plane to Manchester/Birmingham from Inverness for about 50 quid and then there are lots to look at:)

Andi

Back in Black
Mar 5, 2006
Inverness
Im my eyes you have to travel for a good car mate. Im on my second LCR and the first time i traveled to Leeds for a 52 plate with above average millage on. And this time round i traveled rite down to Hemel Hemsted for my low millage 04 Black LCR.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
As above, really don't be afraid of travelling to get the right car. Do your homework, so you know what you can and can't afford to buy and insure, and once you have that confirmed get searching the entire UK for cars!

Even if you have to jump on a plane to get right down south, it's not going to cost a fortune with the likes of FlyBe and EasyJet offering cheap internal flights. And then you'll just need a tank or two of petrol to get you home.

Just think, what's worse, spending a day travelling the country to get your ideal car home? Or buying a car because it's local at the right price and regretting it later?

It's only one day :)

Colonelk

Nov 17, 2006
Yeah but yours "almost" doesn't qualify as an LCR Songman :p . In terms of ratio of Seat parts to aftermarket parts does yours actually contain > 50% Seat?

:lol:

halo25

Jan 10, 2006
One piece of advice, make sure you have 2/3 lined up to look at and hire a car once your in the area and have a plan b for getting home without a car.

After my experience of travelling down only to find it wasnt what I was looking for - I ended up giving up on getting a LCR until end of next yr.

I now have dare I say it a FIAT coupe 20v Turbo as a run about (it was cheap so I can save some cash up)

There are many garages out there who's idea of mint is not ours - your right as well prices up here seems to be 10-15% higher than down south. I had to get trading standards involved in my experience in the end.

Alot of cars I phoned up about around the 9k mark had things like cambelts or water pump changes due as well.

willfal

I do have my eye on a nice platinum example down london area. It's in the right price range with just the right extra bits i'm looking for. I know i'm going to go down soon i was just havin a moan last night.

What are the service intervals of LCR's say one approaching 30k

Will

willfal

thats ok then if i get one under 30k it would be 18mths+ before it needed a 40k service.

halo25

Jan 10, 2006
Ooooo those Fiat Coupe Turbos are quick. Sub 6 seconds to 60.

Check out the motor forums at:

http://www.fccuk.org/forum/ubbthreads.php

For Fiat coupe info.

I havent had chance to use in anger yet, I got it cheap on the basis of a slipping clutch - little did I know how much they were to change. It sounds great that with an offbeat 5 cylinder type noise.

I still want an LCR though for sure - next yr though!!

Willfal sorry for the topic tangent, sounds a nice colour to be looking for. I wanted a yellow one - 30/40k cars should be pretty mint for the mileage best of luck with the search!

willfal

You don't live as far north as me, i went down to stirling to get my LCR

Orkney... not been there in a while... can see it out my bedroom window which is enough for me.

Mind you it wont be long before i'm over there again as it lacks engineers to fix your telephone network...!!

Will

bry

Jan 7, 2006
Scotland
Try the garage in Inverness, they had loads last January, but things have probably changed since I bought mine.

Maybe you can get an 'official' used LCR through them - phone them and leave your name and I'm sure they will get back to you.

They were really nice with me and when I test drove the Altea, they let us take it out by ourselves - you don't get that many places down South.

bry fae Thurso

halo25

Jan 10, 2006
Try the garage in Inverness, they had loads last January, but things have probably changed since I bought mine.

Maybe you can get an 'official' used LCR through them - phone them and leave your name and I'm sure they will get back to you.

They were really nice with me and when I test drove the Altea, they let us take it out by ourselves - you don't get that many places down South.

bry fae Thurso

Just make sure they dont do any work on your car :D

DUNK

i know how you feel done a bit of searching myself not too many up here. seen three on arnold clark website couple weeks back. also try all approved used cars . site . If you type in post code arranges them in distance like the Autotrader site , there was a red one in glasgow other nite.

Think i was bit lucky in getting mine . enquired at local seat dealer to see if they could get any in from other garages . Which they said they couldnt . Then surprise surprise one appears on the seat site a few weeks later. Think they got it in from another garage , non seat . .

DUNK

Think you may be in luck mate just checked the Arnold Clark site . Red 210 £9988 in glasgow Renault about 40k on it . also three 225s 14k up to 15k.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.