Lease Damage Charges

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Let us know here too please as I'm sure it will be helpful for the Op.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Bumper scuff, requires painting

£200 including VAT and its quite extensive repair
Chips away

Local bodyshop quoted £200 including VAT while i was getting other work done (which they forgot to do) hence why i got the chips away quote. I won’t be going back though because they annoyed me that they “forgot” to fix the bumper.

so much of a muchness.

will probably go with chips away, they come to me so no dicking about with courtesy cars etc, dropping things off, picking up. All the hassle is gone.

julian24110

Jul 16, 2009
Cornwall
As the OP here I thought I’d update this thread. The car was inspected and collected today. Very nice chap from BCA, said it would take about 30 mins to inspect the car so I gave him the keys and left him to it. Took about 45 mins in the end and he photographed everything in detail. He said he’d found several marks and dings but nothing that wasn’t expected so said there was no charge 😀

I actually had a quote to fix both of these marks from a mobile repairer who wanted £550 so I’m really glad I didn’t do that!

since the photos in the original post I got a touch up pen and dropped paint onto both marks then lightly sanded with 2k then 5K paper, then used a light compound and polish. It made a surprising difference in that the marks were much less obvious, albeit still with small dents.

Unfortunately my experience of the BCA booking service and their appalling customer service desk is not as rosy. I’ll save that for another post...

Oh and I’m sure I’ve said it before somewhere, but I’m going to REALLY miss the 1.8tsi engine. The 1.5 in my new mk4 makes me realise what a great engine the EA888 actually is.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
As the OP here I thought I’d update this thread. The car was inspected and collected today. Very nice chap from BCA, said it would take about 30 mins to inspect the car so I gave him the keys and left him to it. Took about 45 mins in the end and he photographed everything in detail. He said he’d found several marks and dings but nothing that wasn’t expected so said there was no charge 😀

I actually had a quote to fix both of these marks from a mobile repairer who wanted £550 so I’m really glad I didn’t do that!

since the photos in the original post I got a touch up pen and dropped paint onto both marks then lightly sanded with 2k then 5K paper, then used a light compound and polish. It made a surprising difference in that the marks were much less obvious, albeit still with small dents.

Unfortunately my experience of the BCA booking service and their appalling customer service desk is not as rosy. I’ll save that for another post...

Oh and I’m sure I’ve said it before somewhere, but I’m going to REALLY miss the 1.8tsi engine. The 1.5 in my new mk4 makes me realise what a great engine the EA888 actually is.
My car just gone (V40 Volvo) was inspected by a lovely BCA chap (perhaps same as yours?) around 60 years old, thick glasses, didn't know how to work the Sat Nav (haha). He explained the entire process, as you said, took 30-45 mins all in. Took pics with tablet on everything, but the tablet would decide if it's chargeable or not, minor dings and small curb on the wheel were made as no charge by the tablet, but it remained 3 items, front bumper scuff (£145) (I must admit, yes there was, it was polished off by workshop, but not good enough apparently) and 2 'little dents' on different doors, where the car parked next to me had probably banged it, at £48 each. The BCA person encouraged me to appeal this with Volvo/Santandar Finance, which I did. After 2 weeks they said the charges remained and their decision was final. So I ended up making a complaint with BCA. These are the actual picture provided to them and they claim they can 'clearly' see the damage that is more than fair wear and tear. I can't help by laugh how they could say that, when the pic is so poor quality. Saying that, I do believe the BCA person did me a favour by making it extra blur...he even encouraged me to choose (during the collection) the part that said 'I do NOT aggree with the condition.'

Attachments

• 22. Reported.jpg
    22. Reported.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 97
  • 23. Reported.jpg
    23. Reported.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 24. Reported.jpg
    24. Reported.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 103

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Just remember when it goes back to hold them to their own standards. They often try it on. If damage is there its there, but some is acceptable. Certain small dents are allowed, its in the guidelines, you should not be charged for them at all. Alloy damage is allowed if not excessive.

My last car, an Astra, had damage, alloys scuffs, edge of door chips, and a couple small dents. All were allowed under the terms and I made it known that I knew the terms when the guy came.

My Leon has some stone chips and a few small marks here and there. I should be able to deal with them myself, but they are currently within the terms.